Callum Paterson

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Still seems like a Bullen type to me. Great for the team. But you need a bit more too.

How does Glatzel keep him out if he’s as good as some of them say?

You’d also have to ask why there was a reluctance from Hearts and Cardiff to use him as a striker, especially as that is what he initially was 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Cardiff are a club who signed a very average player like Gratzel for £5.5m, so their judge of a player seems a bit suspect to me.  Hope Paterson signs for us as I think he’s better than he’s being credited for at the moment 

and Madine.

He scored more than he did at least...

I didn't realise he was still only 25. I think this might work as a striker if we are playing to his strengths but I don't think he will be able to link the play as well as someone like Fletcher did.

We are lacking someone as the focal point of the attack, seems to be good in the air and has a fierce shot on him. Downside is he isn't the quickest and seems a bit clumsy on the ball at times - but hopefully having someone who is a pest in the box can finish off all the good work that Bannan, Brown, Windass are doing.

Or maybe he is more thought of as a utility player? For those who are interested - he's started 62 games for Cardiff over the past 3 seasons (21 of these in the Prem):

Right Back = 6 games, 1 goal

Centre Midfield = 13 games, 5 goals

Right Midfield = 8 games, 2 goals

Attacking Midfield Centre = 10 games, 2 goals

Centre Forward = 25 games, 7 goals

4 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I didn't realise he was still only 25. I think this might work as a striker if we are playing to his strengths but I don't think he will be able to link the play as well as someone like Fletcher did.

We are lacking someone as the focal point of the attack, seems to be good in the air and has a fierce shot on him. Downside is he isn't the quickest and seems a bit clumsy on the ball at times - but hopefully having someone who is a pest in the box can finish off all the good work that Bannan, Brown, Windass are doing.

Or maybe he is more thought of as a utility player? For those who are interested - he's started 62 games for Cardiff over the past 3 seasons (21 of these in the Prem):

Agree with this. But it’s criminal he hasn’t been playing at Cardiff given how versatile he is and how average they are. He’s got premier league experience going to waste 

He’s definitely a utility player,  not too sure he’s any kind of out and out striker , maybe a bit like Greg Halford who was a decent player in his prime at this level 

20 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

That’s the problem for me, with the midfield we’ve assembled, we need a rapier, not a sledgehammer. The last thing we want is someone who is slow, clumsy, but good in the air, as the likes of Bannan and Brown will be wasted Nuisance value off the bench, maybe, but no way does he look capable of being our main striker