Barnsley manager quits...

modboy

34 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Apart from the fact everyone associated with the game think he's a fantastic manager, yeah difficult to see...

I'm sure they do, considering his absolutely superlative managerial CV up to this point. 

My comment was obviously facetious, it's just Red Bull redistributing their own.

On 26/09/2020 at 08:06, mattitheowl said:

They were in the 3rd tier 2 years ago and he managed to get them safe last year after a terrible start and only managing them for part of the year.  I'm not talking about global dynasty here, I'm talking about the time he's been there.

Yet they'd still have been relegated but for Wigan going into administration in strange circumstances.  Even then he didn't "get them safe" until injury time in their final game with their second last gasp winner in a row. 

19 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yet they'd still have been relegated but for Wigan going into administration in strange circumstances.  Even then he didn't "get them safe" until injury time in their final game with their second last gasp winner in a row. 

I have a feeling Charlton were never in the bottom 3 all season until that Barnsley goal went in

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

And if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.

Just not bothered...

4 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Apart from the fact everyone associated with the game think he's a fantastic manager, yeah difficult to see...

Based on what?

If 'everyone associated with the game' thinks he's a fantastic manager then he wouldn't be considering swapping Barnsley for the bright lights of New York Red Bulls as he would surely have better offers wouldn't he?

20 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Based on what?

If 'everyone associated with the game' thinks he's a fantastic manager then he wouldn't be considering swapping Barnsley for the bright lights of New York Red Bulls as he would surely have better offers wouldn't he?

Everyone has their level.  You could be a fantastic manager but at a league 1 level.  There's no shame in that.

Just not bothered...

4 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

Everyone has their level.  You could be a fantastic manager but at a league 1 level.  There's no shame in that.

Fair point, not a big deal him being manager of a club that has spent most of their time between League One and the Championship in that respect though.

When you refer to 'everyone in the game' thinking he is a fantastic manager, is there any evidence of this? 

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point, not a big deal him being manager of a club that has spent most of their time between League One and the Championship in that respect though.

When you refer to 'everyone in the game' thinking he is a fantastic manager, is there any evidence of this? 

I've heard nothing but glowing references about the guy in anything I've read.  It seems that he's well thought of throughout the game.  I read a couple of articles about him before the end of last season but I can't find them now (buried in all the NYRB stories).

• Like 2

Just not bothered...

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I've heard nothing but glowing references about the guy in anything I've read.  It seems that he's well thought of throughout the game.  I read a couple of articles about him before the end of last season but I can't find them now (buried in all the NYRB stories).

So 'everyone in the game thinks he is fantastic', but you can't find any specific evidence of this?