Barnsley manager quits...

modboy

7 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

This is actually a massive boost for us if true.  He's got Barnsley punching well above their weight!

Possible whoosh moment but how so? Spent more time in the second division of English football than any other club and currently in the second division of English football

6 hours ago, harribo said:

Possible whoosh moment but how so? Spent more time in the second division of English football than any other club and currently in the second division of English football

They were in the 3rd tier 2 years ago and he managed to get them safe last year after a terrible start and only managing them for part of the year.  I'm not talking about global dynasty here, I'm talking about the time he's been there.

Just not bothered...

11 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

They were in the 3rd tier 2 years ago and he managed to get them safe last year after a terrible start and only managing them for part of the year.  I'm not talking about global dynasty here, I'm talking about the time he's been there.

He did do a decent job last season but they are yet to score a league goal this season from 3 games against Luton, Coventry and Reading. Not sure it will make a massive difference but it certainly won't help them. 

Think this guy is a class act, he's gone through all the Red Bull stages like Jesse Marsch.

I'd have loved to get him here in the summer. His move from Europa League football with LASK to the dingles was always odd.

Just has no funding really at Barnsley. Players like Frieser from LASK were a cut above this level so he did well to get him and some others still.