Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Attilio Lombardo? He was a winger! Youngest manager in premier league history, also. 

I remeber when we nearly signed him..... kept phoning that club clubcall to see if there was any news .... ran up a massive phone bill mum nearly killed me lol

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Soccerbase...

 

West Brom              6+14 appearances, 5 goals

Cardiff                   67+34 appearances, 24 goals

OB Odensa             17+9 appearances, 9 goals 

IFK Gothenburg       0+5 appearances, 2 goals

Brondby                11+14 appearances, 5 goals                  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Exactly 

 

Look at the signings we have made for the striking position...

 

Windass, decent deal for the money and i think he is best as a striker but hes not really played there.

Kachunga, one year contract and cheap a decent deal but hes not really a striker and doesnt score.

Patterson, good deal, but not a proper striker.

 

If you add Zohore to the list his attributes are good and he is a striker but he doesnt score.

 

Where are the goals !?


You have to pay a lot of money for proven scorers at this level. Like we did with Fletch and Hooper. And while they were good players, were they value for money in the end?
 

We’re not in that market anymore. Sometimes for a player it’s about being in the right environment to realise their potential or find their goal scoring touch.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


You have to pay a lot of money for proven scorers at this level. Like we did with Fletch and Hooper. And while they were good players, were they value for money in the end?
 

We’re not in that market anymore. Sometimes for a player it’s about being in the right environment to realise their potential or find their goal scoring touch.

100 percent agree.

 

Still is Zohore looking like value for money ?? Hes after hooper/fletcher type money but without the quality. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tristram Abraham’s at Newport County  would be a better option.....Enthusiast..Aggressive ..goalscorer....21 years old .......for a fraction of zohore wages too

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Exactly 

 

Look at the signings we have made for the striking position...

 

Windass, decent deal for the money and i think he is best as a striker but hes not really played there.

Kachunga, one year contract and cheap a decent deal but hes not really a striker and doesnt score.

Patterson, good deal, but not a proper striker.

 

If you add Zohore to the list his attributes are good and he is a striker but he doesnt score.

 

Where are the goals !?


When I used to play the goals were at each end of the pitch, fairly central and about six yards beyond the six yard line.

 

However, it’s decades since I played and from what my eyes tell me this last 9 months I suspect they’ve been moved. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

100 percent agree.

 

Still is Zohore looking like value for money ?? Hes after hooper/fletcher type money but without the quality. 


Zohore wants to join Wednesday. The hold-up is West Brom and the wages they want us to pay. 
 

We need a proper centre forward. Windass, Paterson and Kachunga aren’t that for me. Rhodes doesn’t get a chance under Monk. Zohore offers size, pace and a bit of ability - plus he’s an out and out striker. His goal scoring record isn’t amazing but it’s better than the four mentioned above over recent seasons.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SallyCinnamon said:


Zohore wants to join Wednesday. The hold-up is West Brom and the wages they want us to pay. 
 

We need a proper centre forward. Windass, Paterson and Kachunga aren’t that for me. Rhodes doesn’t get a chance under Monk. Zohore offers size, pace and a bit of ability - plus he’s an out and out striker. His goal scoring record isn’t amazing but it’s better than the four mentioned above over recent seasons.

It's not just Monk who doesn't rate Rhodes.

 

Not one manager since Carlos has given him a consistent run in the team.

 

For good reason.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Zohore wants to join Wednesday. The hold-up is West Brom and the wages they want us to pay. 
 

We need a proper centre forward. Windass, Paterson and Kachunga aren’t that for me. Rhodes doesn’t get a chance under Monk. Zohore offers size, pace and a bit of ability - plus he’s an out and out striker. His goal scoring record isn’t amazing but it’s better than the four mentioned above over recent seasons.

Ah but that's before he joins us lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Zohore is currently injured. Under the owner, Wednesday have specialised in signing injured players and crocks 

With that in mind, signing an injured Zohore is a done deal. 

The wishes of the owners 11 year old son must be obeyed. No matter what. 

 

 

What does the son have to do with it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markowl said:

It's not just Monk who doesn't rate Rhodes.

 

Not one manager since Carlos has given him a consistent run in the team.

 

For good reason.

Have to agree, although it has to be said, the same set of managers have also all played and stuck with big Dave - strange things happen down at Hillsborough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

According to Soccerbase...

 

West Brom              6+14 appearances, 5 goals

Cardiff                   67+34 appearances, 24 goals

OB Odensa             17+9 appearances, 9 goals 

IFK Gothenburg       0+5 appearances, 2 goals

Brondby                11+14 appearances, 5 goals                  

I wonder how many of those were from the bench? Be interesting to see what his goals per minutes ratio was, but based on only full appearances, it’s nearly a goal every other game Sign him up

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, markowl said:

It's not just Monk who doesn't rate Rhodes.

 

Not one manager since Carlos has given him a consistent run in the team.

 

For good reason.


Rhodes isn’t the answer.

 

But as I’ve raised in another thread. Two starts one goal, Wednesday unbeaten. Then he’s out the side. The lad is never going to get goals when a manager doesn’t give him a run of games. Plus he played well in the first two fixtures.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Rhodes isn’t the answer.

 

 

 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The lad is never going to get goals when a manager doesn’t give him a run of games. Plus he played well in the first two fixtures.

Make your mind up.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, markowl said:

 

 

 

Make your mind up.


He’s not the long term answer. But when he scores on the opening day and forms a good looking partnership with Windass in the first two fixtures, i’d keep on playing him until things start going wrong.

 

Dropped and things have started going wrong. Shocking management by Mr. Monk. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


He’s not the long term answer. But when he scores on the opening day and forms a good looking partnership with Windass in the first two fixtures, i’d keep on playing him until things start going wrong.

 

Dropped and things have started going wrong. Shocking management by Mr. Monk. 

He did the same with Penney, he’s doing the same as he did last season, too many changes and an unsettled side He’s used an incredible 26 players, including 21 in four league games

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Zohore is currently injured. Under the owner, Wednesday have specialised in signing injured players and crocks 

With that in mind, signing an injured Zohore is a done deal. 

The wishes of the owners 11 year old son must be obeyed. No matter what. 

 

 

FFS..... Not him again!

 

YAAAAWN !!!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


He’s not the long term answer. But when he scores on the opening day and forms a good looking partnership with Windass in the first two fixtures, i’d keep on playing him until things start going wrong.

 

Dropped and things have started going wrong. Shocking management by Mr. Monk. 

Trying too hard Sally

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:


Zohore wants to join Wednesday. The hold-up is West Brom and the wages they want us to pay. 
 

We need a proper centre forward. Windass, Paterson and Kachunga aren’t that for me. Rhodes doesn’t get a chance under Monk. Zohore offers size, pace and a bit of ability - plus he’s an out and out striker. His goal scoring record isn’t amazing but it’s better than the four mentioned above over recent seasons.

Yep agree - and if we get him on a decent wage then im happy.... just dont pay the Hooper/Fletcher wages for him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He did the same with Penney, he’s doing the same as he did last season, too many changes and an unsettled side He’s used an incredible 26 players, including 21 in four league games

Well he would use 26 players when he plays a complete back up team for 2 cup games .  ..  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...