5 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is this a Pope is feeling unwell moment. 

If nothing else, the Zohore saga is starting to feel a bit like the election of the Pope... every time I see these threads, I enter expecting to see white smoke from the chimney but then it's just another round of black smoke and more gossip :duntmatter:

I'm cooling my enthusiasm for him TBH. Clearly not in their plans and some haggling with west brom, but the player doesn't seem to be busting a gut to sign and wages obviously an issue. 

I'd be more comfortable in a permanent deal for a striker, maybe league 1, Scotland or abroad for the money we'd be shelling out on Zohore in wages alone. And, let's face it, his record isn't entirely stunning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, runningaround said:

hope we get him but the lad is probably on upwards of 30k a week, doubt we can

50K a week, he’s got a cheek, walking in a Wednesday Wonderland

• Haha 1

He's bagged himself 50 grand a week when he clearly isn't worth it so why would he give that up? The chances are he will never get a contract like that again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, striker said:

I'm cooling my enthusiasm for him TBH. Clearly not in their plans and some haggling with west brom, but the player doesn't seem to be busting a gut to sign and wages obviously an issue. 

I'd be more comfortable in a permanent deal for a striker, maybe league 1, Scotland or abroad for the money we'd be shelling out on Zohore in wages alone. And, let's face it, his record isn't entirely stunning. 

Out of curiosity what you expect the player to be doing to deem himself busting a gut to sign?

sat outside the ground in full kit? Tweeting he’s signed? Instragaming his feelings? Facebooking his love for the club?

not sure what a player can do until it’s signed and announced

this could all be done down to final negotiations between the clubs or club and agent I’m sure players. Just want these things completed as quick as possible 

and who are we to judge a player who signed a contract with a bonus Scheme and pay rise on promotion to the premier league he joined a club pushing promotion and it was a reasonable Clause just because it hasn’t worked out for him and there’s no complications on his salary certainly doesn’t indicate that the player isn’t keen for a move one way or another it’s his agents job to secure the best contract for him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He's bagged himself 50 grand a week when he clearly isn't worth it so why would he give that up? The chances are he will never get a contract like that again.

He might have heard that we do similar deals......

32 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Out of curiosity what you expect the player to be doing to deem himself busting a gut to sign?

sat outside the ground in full kit? Tweeting he’s signed? Instragaming his feelings? Facebooking his love for the club?

not sure what a player can do until it’s signed and announced

this could all be done down to final negotiations between the clubs or club and agent I’m sure players. Just want these things completed as quick as possible 

and who are we to judge a player who signed a contract with a bonus Scheme and pay rise on promotion to the premier league he joined a club pushing promotion and it was a reasonable Clause just because it hasn’t worked out for him and there’s no complications on his salary certainly doesn’t indicate that the player isn’t keen for a move one way or another it’s his agents job to secure the best contract for him 

Just one little coded tweet would be nice, why not? 

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Word on the street is we're closing in on Kluivert, anyone else heard 'owt?

We’d get closer to him, even at his age, than Börner would on current form.

• Haha 1