Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm actually glad we didn't sign him (no sour grapes) the wages were ridiculous for someone with not the best scoring record. We've just moved one of them on, we don't need another big lump. WBA fans don't seem to fond of him either.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I'm actually glad we didn't sign him (no sour grapes) the wages were ridiculous for someone with not the best scoring record. We've just moved one of them on, we don't need another big lump. WBA fans don't seem to fond of him either.

 

I can't see MIllwall having stumped up a major percentage of his wages but maybe we were being held to ransom for a season long loan deal and I agree I don't see it as being a major loss in terms of what he offers, I prefer Marriott. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

I can't see MIllwall having stumped up a major percentage of his wages but maybe we were being held to ransom for a season long loan deal and I agree I don't see it as being a major loss in terms of what he offers, I prefer Marriott. 

I agree buddy. Good window for us, now it's up to them to get us out of this mess. Have a good weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I agree buddy. Good window for us, now it's up to them to get us out of this mess. Have a good weekend.

 

If we can get a positive result tomorrow we can all have a good weekend!

 

Given the position we are in I agree we have had a decent window.

Realistically we knew that Fletcher was never going to stay, other than that the players that have moved on aren't a great loss at the stage of their careers they are, one or two might have been useful to retain as squad players but not definite starters.

We have added a few that are decent at this level and retained the core base of the side in Iorfa, Bannan and Luongo.

 

I'd have liked to have seen us move Westwood on given he has no chance of playing under Monk and his wages are significant and we could have done with an experienced left-back but I'm not sure who really fits the bill and is available in that sense. Palmer did well at left-back undr Bruce and Penney is an attacking option in that position but Monk doesn't play a formation for full-backs anyway, hope he gives Reach more of a chance down the left as he was our biggest threat against QPR.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading The Star reporters comment that the deal was too expensive for Wednesday’s “pallet”

Sometimes a spell checker just isn’t up to the job,as also applies to the reporter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Rivelin said:

Just reading The Star reporters comment that the deal was too expensive for Wednesday’s “pallet”

Sometimes a spell checker just isn’t up to the job,as also applies to the reporter.

Obviously Wednesday’s pallet wasn’t big enough to hold his monthly wages. What’s the problem homophone warrior?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

If we can get a positive result tomorrow we can all have a good weekend!

 

Given the position we are in I agree we have had a decent window.

Realistically we knew that Fletcher was never going to stay, other than that the players that have moved on aren't a great loss at the stage of their careers they are, one or two might have been useful to retain as squad players but not definite starters.

We have added a few that are decent at this level and retained the core base of the side in Iorfa, Bannan and Luongo.

 

I'd have liked to have seen us move Westwood on given he has no chance of playing under Monk and his wages are significant and we could have done with an experienced left-back but I'm not sure who really fits the bill and is available in that sense. Palmer did well at left-back undr Bruce and Penney is an attacking option in that position but Monk doesn't play a formation for full-backs anyway, hope he gives Reach more of a chance down the left as he was our biggest threat against QPR.   

Westwood is hanging over us, tbh I can't see anyone taking him. Marriott was a shock, hopefully he has something to prove and gives us a good few months. I agree keeping Reach on the left. If we are keeping Bannan he needs to sign that contract, we can't watch another leave for free.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rivelin said:

Just reading The Star reporters comment that the deal was too expensive for Wednesday’s “pallet”

Sometimes a spell checker just isn’t up to the job,as also applies to the reporter.

 

It’s the fork lifters you have to worry about

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...