Tony Meola and the RED Sheffield Wednesday shirt

39 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Martin Hodge played in a red goalie top in the mid eighties 

I thought so, wasn't it the away goalie top when we had the green Celtic kit.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Martin Hodge played in a red goalie top in the mid eighties 

Gary Lineker era Leicester turned up at Hillsborough in a green away shirt forcing the change. We beat them 5-0 for their impudence, with Imre Varadi getting a hat-trick. Back in those days it was quite a sensation to see a custodian in anything but green and from memory it was the only time we used that keeper top.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Gary Lineker era Leicester turned up at Hillsborough in a green away shirt forcing the change. We beat them 5-0 for their impudence, with Imre Varadi getting a hat-trick. Back in those days it was quite a sensation to see a custodian in anything but green and from memory it was the only time we used that keeper top.

How the bloody hell do you remember such small detail?  I can't even remember beating them 5 nil.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How the bloody hell do you remember such small detail?  I can't even remember beating them 5 nil.

My life is empty.

:sad:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

The only thing acceptable on that shirt is the owl, but even the black and yellow looks out of place, especially on our home kit... why wasn't it the blue owl on white?

Atrocious! :duntmatter:

That mullet was criminal too!

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Kevan said:

I think there was also an FA cup tie against Plymouth Argyle in the late 60s when Peter Springett wore red too.

Peter Springett wore the shirt once or twice in the 70s as well, although I don't recall the opposition.