Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

This fixture is a toughie. I always think we should put a strong side out for cup matches but this is different because of the predicament we are in. We can’t afford injuries to our better players because league matches are more important, so for now  I think we should play a weakened team and concentrate on our next league match. 

• Like 1

I think if Fulham put out the side the op has gone for then we will get easily beaten as I'm sure monk will go with a similar team that played at Rochdale.

Fulham put 5 past us only a few months ago with our first eleven out but hey what do I know 😊

"Of course you have priorities but at the same time you want to try and field the best side."

However Parker is expected to make several changes...

:duntmatter:

Talks competition up, then fields his reserves because PL survival is all Fulham must focus on.

Could be an interesting game though, I'm feeling we should actually go for it and just keep up with the positive performances we've had so far.

Maybe sneak a fortunate goal from a counter attack and otherwise buckle up for 90 minutes of standing against.... bah, who am I kidding... it's bloody Fulham who just promoted and have most of the same squad they had last season; minus the new signings to help them survive in the PL but who will probably be saved tonight or possibly start on the bench.

Go out there, have fun and get some match practice and fight for your spot in the Wednesday 1st XI!

Up the MASSIVE Owls!

WAWAW

• Like 1

5 years to the day since we went to Newcastle in this competition and won (according to my Facebook memory thing, when I posted a photo from the away end showing the pitch on the horizon somewhere) with Semedo and McGugan bossing Wijnaldum and Sissoko in the middle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Let’s keep it going boys. Come on, if they’ve only got Kamala up front then we must be in with a chance.

Unbelievable.

My point as well. Mitrovic sat for Kamara, 20 lbs lighter, and our back line is downright reliable . 0-1 SHW. UTO.

3 hours ago, Watto said:

I think if Fulham put out the side the op has gone for then we will get easily beaten as I'm sure monk will go with a similar team that played at Rochdale.

Fulham put 5 past us only a few months ago with our first eleven out but hey what do I know 😊

GM starting diff line up than 2-months ago. UTO. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

If Mitrovic plays then we need a brute of a CB to defend against him. Somebody who isn't going to be knocked off the ball easily. If Lees is back to his best then he might be the man to do it. 

Dunkley would have been the very chap but he’s still injured.

Any bets on the date of his return... pre or apres Christmas ? 
We’ve made some shrewd signings and he is one that I can’t wait to see.

I was listening to Absolute Radio rock'n'roll football program on Sunday...they took the p!55 out of Parker with a remake of the Streets "dry your eye mate" from one of his recent post match interviews.....very funny and just sounds like the guy in the original.....