Fulham -V- Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

Just now, yeadonowl said:

He just stood and watched Reid for the second goal. He is diving in all over the pitch as well

You can see he’s trying to do others jobs for them. 

The second goal though, he switches off because he expects if the cross does come over there’s no way it gets past Wildsmith, but I think Wildsmith gets his angles wrong too

Waldock turned way too easy, Wildsmith angles wrong and Börner switching off...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, striker said:

Not unexpected. Have to remember we've got a lot of kids in the team and they have put a strong team out tonight. 

I'm not going to critique too much, but think we've mostly done ok. Nobody has let themselves down and still competing. 

At some point we've got to play younger players and this experience will stand them in good stead. Bar a bit of quality from them, it's been fairly even. 

Our team should have been stronger

A real chance here

Another season of maybes

• Like 1

I would’ve played Shaw and FDB from the start and brought Bannan and Iorfa into the starting 11 but it would’ve been more of a mix and match of sorts than tonight’s starting 11.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Out midfield looks orite tbf worst player on pitch dare I say borner.

I've enjoyed watching pessy today been orite think he's learned a  few things off bannan 

Did you enjoy his Bannan pirouette halfway thru?

Sounds like a decent performance so far on the whole just a lack of decisiveness in either box which is often the difference between levels. 

Can't knock Monk for giving the kids another chance, I think it's better to reward them for previous good performance rather than bin them off for the senior pros as soon as we come up against any decent team. Even if they do get caned it's a decent lesson for them and I doubt it would be detrimental to them long term at all, quite the opposite in fact.

It also shields the first team from a similar caning which could be much more damaging to our league season which is the overwhelming priority this season in particular. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lomas613 said:

I guarantee when we get to 0 points there will be atleast another 2-3 teams on 0-3 points we will be ok 

I think it'll take us another 5-6 games to get back to plus points personally. Especially with our limited resources. So much work to do in the league to try and be comfortable. I believe the players will give it their all but ultimately I still think we are a bottom 6 sort of side because of this deduction. 

• Like 1
Just now, Jim said:

I would’ve played Shaw and FDB from the start and brought Bannan and Iorfa into the starting 11 but it would’ve been more of a mix and match of sorts than tonight’s starting 11.

Should have played a much stronger defence but hey ho

• Like 1
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love Monk to say at full time he is hopeful we will have a few signings in before the weekend instead of the usual nothing imminent line. 

Spot on bud..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love Monk to say at full time he is hopeful we will have a few signings in before the weekend instead of the usual nothing imminent line. 

Im sure he would if you slipped him a tenner...

4 minutes ago, debram said:

Would love to hear Brian cloughs response to that. 

I'd like to hear Brian Clough's response to the sorry state of football.

In his day a 2nd Division side could compete and hope to win a cup, it's a totally different "business" now, and in no good way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, brando said:

Our team should have been stronger

A real chance here

Another season of maybes

Disagree, happy with the team selection and performance of those playing so far.

We don't have the luxury of a big squad, an uphill task in the league to stay up, that's very much the priority.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, debram said:

Would love to hear Brian cloughs response to that. 

The same Brian Clough that once got the grounds man to turn on all the hoses and flood the pitch so his team didn't have to play?

It was a different game in his day too.  Far less athletic.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, debram said:

So many ways to look at it I guess, it's a successful manager that gets it right

Indeed. I am no fan of the manager but he has not put a foot wrong so far this season. His instinct would be to want to win and therefore play your strongest team but an injury to any one of our better players in a game like this would be unforgivable IMO. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You can see he’s trying to do others jobs for them. 

The second goal though, he switches off because he expects if the cross does come over there’s no way it gets past Wildsmith, but I think Wildsmith gets his angles wrong too

Waldock turned way too easy, Wildsmith angles wrong and Börner switching off...

He’s not doing his own job never mind anybody else’s. Wildsmith’s position was fine it was Borner’s fault. Knockheart has got him on toast. 
somebody ought to remove the tug boat he’s towing at half time.

• Like 2

If we go out of the cup now I'd guess there's more chance of some of the kids getting out on loan too which will be much better for their development than a couple of cup games and the odd spot on the bench here and there.

I'd love to have a manager who'd have grow a set to really go for it 

No doubt we'll get a manager and fans happy that we made a bit of a game of it despite losing 

Edited by Sticky Micky
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disagree we look shaky as heck at the back and Fulham aren’t out of first gear yet. 

Of course we look shaky at the back we have 2 youngsters plus a struggling experienced player.

What do you expect.

We could have equalised just before their second and are generally playing well.

Thought we dominated the opening 30 minutes again. Dele should have equalised and could have been a different game. 

No complaints with the line up though. It’s a good experience for the young lads. 

• Like 6