Sheffield Wednesday TV

3 hours ago, Old Woodbourn Owl said:

Sounds good if your not going to be out of pocket go for it. Lots of so called Wednesday fans on here would not show there faces as they would be seen for what they really are. Best of luck hope it takes off.

No need to be afraid, here's me with a quick selfie...

20200922_191319.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If its on youtube then you can make money from that if you get enough signing up to it.   

To make decent dosh you need 250k regulars at least, we have well over a million fans in the uk alone.

Wawaw..loads of dosh...

Best way forward imho is to be niche..something different, bit of comedy...pish taking etc along the lines of old fanzines..has to be funny though, we in sheff are lucky, the piggies are always giving even when they are semi- average...

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

To make decent dosh you need 250k regulars at least, we have well over a million fans in the uk alone.

Wawaw..loads of dosh...

Best way forward imho is to be niche..something different, bit of comedy...pish taking etc along the lines of old fanzines..has to be funny though, we in sheff are lucky, the piggies are always giving even when they are semi- average...

No you don't, if you can get around 40,000 signed up people are making a living from it. I follow a guy you debunks flat earth and he's just got upto 40,000 followers and he's been solely living off it for about a year or so, he also has a young family.  

He does work for it to be fair, puts a lot of content out.

Agree with you that a tongue in cheek show could be a winner, would need someone with a really lively personality and know everything about everything, I reckon the lovable @Emilianenko would be the ideal one to present it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No you don't, if you can get around 40,000 signed up people are making a living from it. I follow a guy you debunks flat earth and he's just got upto 40,000 followers and he's been solely living off it for about a year or so, he also has a young family.  

He does work for it to be fair, puts a lot of content out.

Agree with you that a tongue in cheek show could be a winner, would need someone with a really lively personality and know everything about everything, I reckon the lovable @Emilianenko would be the ideal one to present it.

If I’m presenting it, no kit wearing numpties allowed.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You only need 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours to monetise the channel

250k regulars you’re talking massive money

You don’t need anywhere near 250k to make great money! 

Monetise?

Industry standard:

Google pays roughly £800 per 500,000 youtube views...a Wednesday page.. if lucky would get half of that per year..£400 a year?

You need tons and tons of subscribers to make money.

Ask the star or any other news channel how easy it is to make money from a  news channel.

Unless of course it was a paid subscription, in which case no one would pay...or very few.

Or if like Ryan Kaji 25M subscribers and makes $25M per year, from several billion views per year.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

You only need 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours to monetise the channel

250k regulars you’re talking massive money

You don’t need anywhere near 250k to make great money! 

You can be looking at less than £1 for 1000 views - all depends on ad types after that, but it’s not as easy to make big money as some people suggest.

Kinda been doing something like this in the lockdown apart from the fan talk at the moment while I get the equipment I was pushing social media a fair bit but now I'm back working I'm very busy but fan talk is where I was looking to go once im back at games. I've slowed down on the clips as you cant monetize any content with game footage in but I am a complete beginner 

Edited by stocksyuto

9 hours ago, SwintonLad99 said:

Good Afternoon fellow Wednesday fans, hope you're all having a lovely day.

What are your thoughts on fan channels? i might start a Wednesday fan TV

A bit like Arsenal fan TV. 

Anybody interested message me, 

Take care guys xx

Doooo it Dooo it Dooo it......