U23s v Barnsley (h)

11 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

He’s been in and around the first teams failings, he’s now in charge of the U23s failings. He’s hardly at the bottom.

Every time he's stepped as a caretaker manager he's done well, not sure of his win ratio but I should think its good.

Edit. Just checked, Caretaker Manager P15 W 7 D3 L 5

Edited by bradowl

44 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

pffft.....

We used to fill t'bath wi mild bitter on a Thursdi neet, drink it, then goo aht and drink another 2 gallon, Thursdi's wa always a steady 'un.  Then we'd work a 19 hour shift inside t'vac furnace on a Friday....while it wa on!!...wi a gallon at snap time, then rush 'ome, sh.lt, shave, shower, shampoo and shtraight back aht, 4 gallon...all wi chasers, bang t'back doors off t'nearest granny, polish off 6 Phall's, sleep in a puddle then aht at 10am for pre-match rahnd Hillsborough...... etc etc etc

... and if you tell that to youngsters today, they won't believe you

45 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

pffft.....

We used to fill t'bath wi mild bitter on a Thursdi neet, drink it, then goo aht and drink another 2 gallon, Thursdi's wa always a steady 'un.  Then we'd work a 19 hour shift inside t'vac furnace on a Friday....while it wa on!!...wi a gallon at snap time, then rush 'ome, sh.lt, shave, shower, shampoo and shtraight back aht, 4 gallon...all wi chasers, bang t'back doors off t'nearest granny, polish off 6 Phall's, sleep in a puddle then aht at 10am for pre-match rahnd Hillsborough...... etc etc etc

Sir, I doff my cap

Thanks lads   :biggrin:

Dom says ...

"Wednesday 0 Barnsley 1: The Owls crash to a second successive home defeat.

Bramall’s first half free kick proved decisive.

Bonnington fluffed a great chance after the break to level things up. Cox was kept out in added on time.

A harsh scoreline on the home side. They deserved something from that."

... although I'm not sure you 'crash' to a defeat if you deserved something from the game?

Just now, Ethel The Tree said:

Dom says ...

Bonnington fluffed a great chance after the break to level things up. Cox was kept out in added on time.

... although I'm not sure you 'crash' to a defeat if you deserved something from the game?

Nothing wrong with a bit of hyperbole, he has copy to shift.   

Guest Smackavolley
1 hour ago, Themagiccap said:

Slightly off topic but when Phil Neville retired I remember reading an article where he said he didn't know how to make a coffee as everything had been done for him all his life.

Let's go back on topic.

Grant came on as an 88 minute substitute vs Rochdale. Following day, he made a rash challenge on an opponent and got himself injured.

I've seen the tackle. Wednesday do a lot of things wrong but not in this instance.

If they’re only looking at trialists one at a time, the season will be over before we get a squad together We’ve had ages to do this, but if every incoming takes as long as Adedoyin to get over the line, we are in for a season of struggle

Edited by gurujuan

7 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

FFS players are pansies if they let things like this affect them. During the spring  I used to work a 10 hour day then play Sat, Tue, Thu, Sat for at least 3 weeks to catch up with games lost to winter weather.

They don’t know there’re born!!

Ten hours mincing around your car lot, chatting up the crumpet is hardly a hard day’s graft is it Swiss Tony? Match play is pretty much like making love to a beautiful woman....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Dom says ...

Bullen out 😂

Interesting that Urhoghide reverted to centre back for this one. Talking of players operating in different roles, I’d like to see young Thompson switched to a midfield role Think his size goes against him at centre back, but he’d probably make a good midfield ball winner

4 minutes ago, malek said:

Grant available for Fulham game after all if Howson is to be believed. 

I saw that

Would we really take 26 players down to Fulham for a midweek cup tie?

Also, no third keeper on there despite Render missing out on yesterday's U23 game

Seems less like a full squad 'reveal' and more like a list   :mellow:

• Like 1