U23s v Barnsley (h)

14 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Still played, travelled, disrupted sleep pattern, change to normal pre-game meals - all things that can affect players

for me playing two in two just indicates when don't have enough players current across the three teams

It’s pretty obvious we haven’t. I don’t see this changing anytime soon due to today’s news. If we retain our championship status then Monk and the players have done really well? It’s going to be hard though.

14 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Still played, travelled, disrupted sleep pattern, change to normal pre-game meals - all things that can affect players

for me playing two in two just indicates when don't have enough players current across the three teams

Poor lambs. They are young lads eager to impress and most of them wouldn't give a second thought about playing two games in two days if anything they would buzzing.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Poor lambs. They are young lads eager to impress and most of them wouldn't give a second thought about playing two games in two days if anything they would buzzing.  

I partially agree but with the advances and development in sports science, of which Strudwick is a renowned expert, then rest is crucial to a players development and recovery

2 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I partially agree but with the advances and development in sports science, of which Strudwick is a renowned expert, then rest is crucial to a players development and recovery

Would think it would be difficult to pin the injury on playing two (partial) games in such a short time.

But i know what you mean with how players are treated nowaday in regards to fitness and training.

27 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

FFS players are pansies if they let things like this affect them. During the spring  I used to work a 10 hour day then play Sat, Tue, Thu, Sat for at least 3 weeks to catch up with games lost to winter weather.

They don’t know there’re born!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

I understand where  you are coming from but in this situation you  are incorrect. His injury was result of a tackle. Also his debut was in name only I doubt he even got a sweat on. Playing in middle of day should not have interfered with his rest and travelling to Barnsly and Rochdale I would not consider onerous. The weather was mild so excessive warm ups not necessary. If it was meant of criticism of training and player management it was a wrong choice.

• Like 2

In the style of the four yorkshiremen.

i used to go out Friday night, ten pints a vindaloo, play Saturday morning. Go to Hillsborough. Ten pints and a vindaloo Saturday night. Get up and be mom Sunday morning, handswaorth club, five pints and a stripper. Full Sunday roast. Six pints in the golden ball Sunday night. Full days work and still play five a side on Monday night. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

In the style of the four yorkshiremen.

i used to go out Friday night, ten pints a vindaloo, play Saturday morning. Go to Hillsborough. Ten pints and a vindaloo Saturday night. Get up and be mom Sunday morning, handswaorth club, five pints and a stripper. Full Sunday roast. Six pints in the golden ball Sunday night. Full days work and still play five a side on Monday night. 

Done that, albeit at different locations and didn't play Saturday morning that was more drinking down Sheffield , Blue Bell, Dove N Rainbow  then upto Hillsborough then straight out after the game.  Good days  

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Yeah I know but if has limited resources, the first team nicking his players etc then it won't be plain sailing.

I believe we are short on numbers which can't help.

Offer your services every little helps.

Our recent failings and Lee Bullen go cap in hand.