Ian ‘Saint’ St John

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Never really thought he looked comfortable in front of the cameras where as Greavsie seemed more at home.

Anywhere is home when your best buddy is a bottle of Vodka....

• Haha 1

He was coach for a few years at Hillsbrough saw him match days regularly. 

Him and Greavsie transformed coverage of football and sport in general with what was a ground breaking show. Prior to them it was done with far more reverance and very little humour.

Anybody remember Sam Leitch?

• Like 2

I used to love 'Saint and Greavsie', would tape it if I was going to an away game on a Saturday and missed it.
I think they have some old shows on Youtube which probably looked a bit dated now.

Ian St John and Jimmy Greaves were terrific players. Sorry I am too young to have seen them play.
Jimmy Greaves goal scoring record is unbelievable. I don't think he thought much about football just went out and played, a natural talent.

Think both are not too well these days, especially Jimmy Greaves. 
I always have a great deal of affection for the great old players no matter who they played for.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I remember Mel sterland being interviewed prior to his one England appearance on ITV. After the usual q and a, he regaled a story about a training ground incident when "Singey" kicked him up the a**e for not doing as he was telling him. He looked at the camera and said "Ask him if he'd like to try it now?" 😀

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Quist said:

Him and Greavsie transformed coverage of football and sport in general with what was a ground breaking show. Prior to them it was done with far more reverance and very little humour.

Yeah one of my earliest football memories. Must be nearly 50 years ago? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

097FAF19-7018-4901-90C8-6A4BCADBCD76.jpeg

I bet there are Wednesday fans of a certain age who used to watch Saint and Greavsie on the TV who didn’t know that Saint used to be at Sheffield Wednesday 

Here he is at S6

They should have done 

4 hours ago, Quist said:

He wasn't a coach here very long ,a matter of months ,he was at Portsmouth till 77 and joined itv in 78