Jump to content

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, tomhollywood said:

 

This is so often overlooked by fans I think when talking about player moves. I think some fans forget that players will have families and make decisions based on that as well as money and football club ambitions.

 

If I were a player for example, the thought of London or a big city would be awful to me as I love being out in the hills. I'd take less money for a better lifestyle that suited me and my family.

Ey ,no hills and countryside  near Dore ! 

 

So he's going to uproot his family and put them in foreign schools thousands of miles away from friends and the larger family that he said he wanted to be close to 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting where the players have ended up from that side that we thought was so good after their contracts have expired.

 

New Zealand, Cyprus, Oxford, Italy, Stoke.

 

Interesting that no top end Championship clubs were interested enough to sign any of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Cyprus as a country has a good handle on the covid situation with only 1500 cases so it makes perfect sense to live there and play football. Be honest, Who really wants to live in this country at this moment in time?

 

Half of the eastern Euopean / African world according to Boris.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of a mate of mine, lost his management job at a big IT firm and ended up delivering for Hermes after a few months of no offers.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the monk said:

Ey ,no hills and countryside  near Dore ! 

 

So he's going to uproot his family and put them in foreign schools thousands of miles away from friends and the larger family that he said he wanted to be close to 

Hes in Cyprus not the Pitcairn Islands.  

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Prince said:

Reminds me of a mate of mine, lost his management job at a big IT firm and ended up delivering for Hermes after a few months of no offers.

 

I know where you're coming from but... I admire your mate.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

So the excuses for him not being able to find a proper club and going semi pro are as follows so far:

 

1. To avoid Covid

2. The weather helps his knees.

3. The food

4. Cyprus is the new Premier league

5. He missed Big Dave

6. He's a big Ayia Napa music scene fan.

7. His Gran also retired there.

 

Any more ?

Think you're being a bit cynical there.. he's taking a tremendous risk with his hair in that heat.

 

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Socialist_Owl said:

the MLS is at least a few rungs higher than the ******** Cypriot domestic.

 

What an embarrassment.  After years of the big Billy testicles routine, he ends up off the veritable map.

I’m sure he’s not embarrassed mate, I’d wager he doesn’t give a ****

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the monk said:

Nor the prem or Championship!

How ever its dressed up, its a massive step down 

Hes 31, not technically blessed, injury prone, yellow/red card prone.  He will admit hes not Prem or Champ standard any more, theres no dressing up/down.

 

Have a lot of love for the passion and determination he has given from a physical and mental position and he will always be recognised as one of the good guys. 

But to suggest hes taking a hit on his dreams is ludicrous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Hes 31, not technically blessed, injury prone, yellow/red card prone.  He will admit hes not Prem or Champ standard any more, theres no dressing up/down.

 

Have a lot of love for the passion and determination he has given from a physical and mental position and he will always be recognised as one of the good guys. 

But to suggest hes taking a hit on his dreams is ludicrous.

Your first statement is what my problem is ,fans on here calling Monk because he dropped him and as you say he's not up to standard

 

Good luck to him , but I won't let people convince me Cyprus is what he had in mind when he went back to London 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

According to some, we should have sacked our manager in order to keep Hutchinson.

 

Ironic that there are similarities between what Monk has done and what Luhukay appeared to be doing.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the monk said:

Nor the prem or Championship!

How ever its dressed up, its a massive step down 

 

But he's not bothered about it being a step down.

 

A step down was giving up on his Chelsea dream .

 

This is  a bloke who thought he'd retired, instead he earned millions in new contracts and wages with us.

 

Now he gets to play a sport he enjoys, his family don't have to live in this country and can experience a different lifestyle for a bit. 

 

As someone else has pointed out, he could have done a Fletcher , earned a bit more, and worked in a dive like Stoke. For me, Fletcher must be consumed by greed to still want to slog it out for that club in this league.

 

Hutchinson- who I have no great love for - has nothing to prove. Good for him. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Socialist_Owl said:

the MLS is at least a few rungs higher than the ******** Cypriot domestic.

 

What an embarrassment.  After years of the big Billy testicles routine, he ends up off the veritable map.

Can you give us any actual examples of this Billy testicles routine? Or are you just making stuff up

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I wonder if the rest of the EFL clubs got wind of what happened at Christmas, then?

 

:ph34r:

didn't he and others get singled out and treat like **** by the club for doing absolutely nothing wrong?

thought i read it on here a few times.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...