On 22/09/2020 at 09:34, Spondon Owl said:

Huge step down. I am genuinely surprised. Thought he had a championship season or at least league 1 season in him still.

money for old rope, play at an easy pace, nice weather too, win/win.

lots of sunshine, beach, and blue sea, or blackpoo?

• Like 2
On 22/09/2020 at 10:23, SallyCinnamon said:

They were both free transfers.

We’ve achieved nothing for 20 years. What on earth is your point. And why are you singling those two out and not the 50 odd players we’ve signed since Chansiri bought the club. What have they achieved for us? 

i have found in work and local sport IF you're **** at it no one expects much from you, but if you have ability and let your standards go slightly you can be criticised.

also 'having a bit to say for yourself' can be seen as a fault within certain establishments, i imagine the two had upset someone, perhaps pointed out how well things were going. or not, who knows, let them get on elsewhere and great luck to them all that are leaving for other ventures.

853031402_Screenshot_20200923_162815_com.android.chrome2.thumb.jpg.f9f28e06d75ae13dd7561ac573ac5d8c.jpg

Big D:-

1. Sam Hutchinson

2. Sam Hutchinson

3. Sam Hutchinson

4. Sam Hutchinson

5. Sam Hutchinson

6. Sam Hutchinson

7. Sam Hutchinson

8. Sam Hutchinson

9. Sam Hutchinson

• Haha 6

Not heartbroken just dismayed at fans slating players who gave good service to the club and were part of the best team we’ve seen for 20 years. And all based on rumours

Good luck to young George though

lol

Edited by BIG D
40 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Not heartbroken just dismayed at fans slating players who gave good service to the club and were part of the best team we’ve seen for 20 years. And all based on rumours

lol

I wish to god someone would write a book on what’s really gone on over the last five years 

Be interesting how many would support these heroes after reading it 

Owlstalk Shop

51 minutes ago, BIG D said:

lol

He wasn't a bad player by any means but let's be honest, the club did a lot more for Sam Hutchinson than he did for the club.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Lee A said:

He wasn't a bad player by any means but let's be honest, the club did a lot more for Sam Hutchinson than he did for the club.  

Wednesday gave him a chance and he repaid us by giving 100% every game. Was a great signing at the time when we were really poor. We all know he had massive injury problems but he never wanted to come off and carried on plenty of times when it looked as if he shouldn’t. 
If what he and Westwood are supposed to have done (no one appears to know or won’t say which is odd if they’re so sure of the story) is that bad then I would have thought they would have been sacked?

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Wednesday gave him a chance and he repaid us by giving 100% every game. Was a great signing at the time when we were really poor. We all know he had massive injury problems but he never wanted to come off and carried on plenty of times when it looked as if he shouldn’t. 
If what he and Westwood are supposed to have done (no one appears to know or won’t say which is odd if they’re so sure of the story) is that bad then I would have thought they would have been sacked?

Yep ive said it many times..none of the 'bad eggs' have ever been in breach of contract..so the worse theyve ever done is probly fart and waft it towards the manager or summat😲

15 hours ago, 83owl said:

They’re the only club willing to pay him to play. Had stoke, Preston, Coventry or any other club been willing to pay him a championship wage he would have been there. 

Ok we will beg to differ then as no way haven't a club offered him a contract in England.

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish to god someone would write a book on what’s really gone on over the last five years 

If Sam Hutchinson did something so bad the club should have terminated his contract, same with Westwood, goodness know they have cost us enough in unutilised wages. 

• Like 1
On 23/09/2020 at 18:10, @owlstalk said:

Be our guest. All I've seen is an assumption based on two not particularly good managers dropping SH and KW. I'd love to hear some specifics. I would love it. 

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, rickygoo said:

Be our guest. All I've seen is an assumption based on two not particularly good managers dropping SH and KW. I'd love to hear some specifics. I would love it. 

lol

It would still be all assumptions and the writers biases. 

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It would still be all assumptions and the writers biases. 

But less so if it's properly sourced. I genuinely don't know what they did. I'm not saying they haven't done anything - I have no idea. I liked them both as players much more than I like the mangers who they've upset but I'm open minded. It's all history of course but that should make it easier to talk about. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

But less so if it's properly sourced. I genuinely don't know what they did. I'm not saying they haven't done anything - I have no idea. I liked them both as players much more than I like the mangers who they've upset but I'm open minded. It's all history of course but that should make it easier to talk about. 

Would be interesting to know, like you thought both were terrific players for us. Jos wasn't the best amd maybe he was brought in to start the dirty work. 

Still undecided about Monk he needs a big first half of the season to prove himself. Otherwise he is going to find himself looking for another post.

Always thought that both players gave everything and we were better with them in the side.