Sheffield Wednesday vs Watford - Highlights including THAT moment

28 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

WHAT moment?

:duntmatter:

This place has turned into a budget version of the Daily Mail website with all the clickbait thread titles in the past few days.

The moment when Jordan Van Lees hit the post  

• Haha 6
25 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Dawson doesn’t look good in that AGAIN

More fumbles than a 16 year old on a first date. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
54 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

His saves are good but if he doesn’t hold onto them he tends to palm them right out into danger again. Only poor finishing and good follow-up defending saved him yesterday. 

• Like 5

people say the Windass incident wasn't a penalty. Well, it was as much of a penalty as the ones Leeds, Fulham and Preston got. In fact if you watch EFL on Quest loads of penalties are given for much less than that, Blackburns v Wycombe for instance.

• Like 6

Seeing as having the ball whacked at your hand at close range is now a penalty, ala Man Utd game yesterday, then Windass was fouled when trying to kick the ball in my opinion 

31 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

His saves are good but if he doesn’t hold onto them he tends to palm them right out into danger again. Only poor finishing and good follow-up defending saved him yesterday. 

I was thinking this. Makes a some really good saves but then they are on a plate for someone 

• Like 2

I think we saw why Monk likes Harris as a wing back.

Twice he reacted in the 6 yard box to clear a dangerous loose ball.

Good defensive instinct for a winger 

• Like 6

I had to watch the match with my Brighton supporting in-laws who spent the whole game moaning about the standard of the football and how our players weren’t very good.  And of course I was very polite and grin and bared it.  It’s funny how quickly they have forgotten where they’ve come from. 

Anyway I thought we were good in the first half and ran out of energy in the second.  We need better forward options than Reach and a better wing back to create more chances for the strikers.  Then I think we can be a decent side this season 

3 hours ago, 31Dec1966 said:

people say the Windass incident wasn't a penalty. Well, it was as much of a penalty as the ones Leeds, Fulham and Preston got. In fact if you watch EFL on Quest loads of penalties are given for much less than that, Blackburns v Wycombe for instance.

Yep. If it was outside the box it would have been given ( which I’ve never understood why this is always the case) , so I don’t see the difference because he denied a goal scoring opportunity. 

I like the way that Dawson pushes the ball back into the danger area; I was alway taught to push the ball away to the side not back at on-coming attackers for a 2nd bite at the cherry.  Or just smother it under your body if its straight at you. 

But he's got a clean sheet under his belt.  Well done hey.  Things might have changed since I was a kid, keepers used to try and catch the ball in those days. 

Edited by Rogers
12 hours ago, full fathom five said:

1 mistake that he then does well to charge down the striker, did enough! 2 good saves. I think he's too easy target!

• Like 2