Pitch is slippy

I have a definite dislike for these "blades" that are prevalent on modern boots.  I'm certain they aren't as effective as the tradional nylon or aluminium screw-in type studs.  This slipping happens across all the professional leagues - didn't Gerrard slip at a vital moment season before last and cost Liverpool a game that could have kept them in contention for the league title?

It just seems ridiculous to me that players keep on using the "blade" type boots.

1 hour ago, Owly Mowly said:

What’s going on with the pitch?

Noticed it after lockdown that many of our players were slipping. Thought it was a one off, but today was the same - both teams struggled many times with players slipping. 

Some good old Patrik football boots with those long metal studs should do the trick!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s the same everywhere at the moment.

Reason is that they are adding disinfectant to the watering systems to reduce infection risk, but it’s giving the grass a slightly more greasy finish

Any more Dettol and the pitch will look like the Baseball Ground in the 70’s in a couple of month..

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

This slipping happens across all the professional leagues - didn't Gerrard slip at a vital moment season before last and cost Liverpool a game that could have kept them in contention for the league title?

It just seems ridiculous to me that players keep on using the "blade" type boots.

Season-before-last?

Good grief man, it was 2014! lol 

• Haha 4

It's our ground and we dont know how to play on it! The head groundsman should know which studs they need in, doesn't anybody think to ask him? If the manager wants the pitch drier he only has to ask, so you would suppose that the watering of the pitch is a known, controlled part of our preparation. If we could stay on our feet we would have a definite advantage, because it has been going on for a while. Several players have had problems all season, but we actually seem to be getting worse at selecting the right footwear. 

Could be worth a few more points this over a season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McRightSide said:

It’s the same everywhere at the moment.

Reason is that they are adding disinfectant to the watering systems to reduce infection risk, but it’s giving the grass a slightly more greasy finish

They're playing on the Greasy Grass? Bugger me it'll be Custer's last stand again before you know it!