Tactics today

I thought overall Monk's tactics worked well compared to Watfords

I thought we came flying out of the blocks right from the start, dominated massively over the first half etc

Watford got it right in trying to nullify our wingers  - they got that bit right

But Monk won the day for me. Thought he made Watford look quite ordinary which is no easy task

• Like 7

Owlstalk Shop

We look solid and well organised. Lots of energy and good pressing, looking to win the ball high up the pitch. 

Scoring goals will be a concern this season bit if we remain difficult to beat we've got a chance.

Might all go willy up, but I like what he's trying to do 

Edited by Lee A
  • Like 4

Guest Willow Owl
5 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Can't agree more, I think if we'd have put one of those first half chances away I think we'd have won comfortably today 2-0, as even when we dropped off second half and they took control they really didn't create too much. 

All in all though we're a work in progress and happy with a point. 

That’s exactly spot on, we are a work in progress. 

2 hours ago, heppers said:

I loved today.

Monk had the team well organised. We were fast, fought a physical battle when needed, tried some ambitious through balls, played for each other.

We kept a clean sheet against a good side.

I am impressed. If we keep improving and learning to play together and link up we have got a good team. 

Well done DC for backing Monk and clearing out the bad apples. Good young players with the right attitude.

That’ll do me.

Good post pal

Totally agree with enjoying watching a team all playing for each other.

UTO

• Love 1

Players need to have the confidence that when teams are pressing we continue to play the ball into midfield rather than just hit it long.

First half kept the ball on the deck and created chances, second hit it long and created nothing!

Not sold on 3-5-2 yet, made us defensively solid but lack creativity going forward especially on the wings!

• Like 3

At last we look like a team that has a system and the players know what their individual responsibilities are. They look like they re playing for each other.

The defence is starting to look organised and balanced. Suprised how competitive the midfield is but we could have done with a bit more power in their in the second half when Watford got on top.

Windass looks the business and Rhodes put a shift in trying to link play but we need another forward in.

We created 3 good headed chances, normally one of those would be buried.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Monk has got the dressing room back.

We've got the balance of the team right.

Izzy was the missing piece of the jigsaw.

We look like a team that has a system and the players know what their individual responsibilities are

Theyre starting to play for each other

Rhodes put a shift in

• Like 1