Van aken

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

So that proves it as the game I mentioned he was far better than on his debut.

Always a good idea to actually watch the game before commenting on it.

what you talking about?? No one ever doubted his debut or last week...it was been discussed, when he signed and the games before his car crash in the derby at hillsborough 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

what you talking about?? No one ever doubted his debut or last week...it was been discussed, when he signed and the games before his car crash in the derby at hillsborough 😂🤷🏼‍♂️

I said the game before that disaster which was Cardiff away not last week when he was ok and this week when he was ok pretty much like his debut when he was ok.

To be clear the game at Cardiff before he had that disaster v them he was outstanding.

20 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

I said the game before that disaster which was Cardiff away not last week when he was ok and this week when he was ok pretty much like his debut when he was ok.

To be clear the game at Cardiff before he had that disaster v them he was outstanding.

so in the first season we signed him, he played 14/15 games...in that time he had 1 good game and an “ok game”!! He was a disaster mate no matter how you try to dress it up.

im glad he’s started the season well and I seriously hope it continues but the justification for him to be previously dropped and subsequently loaned out, was correct. He was very poor and off the pace. 

• Like 2

You know that first season Van Aken joined us, he was almost on a hiding to nothing.

We were on the whole, defensively sound, but what none of us realised just how fast it would go south.

We were told that this kid had been scouted and out of nearly 200 people, chosen - he came with a large reputation because of that, and he looked impressive early doors - pinging the ball about with consummate ease.

Then he got held out to dry with a few really bad performances - and no one can deny that he had some very bad performances for us.    BUT he has done ok this season and that's all we can now talk about.    

Lad is doing ok.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

so in the first season we signed him, he played 14/15 games...in that time he had 1 good game and an “ok game”!! He was a disaster mate no matter how you try to dress it up.

im glad he’s started the season well and I seriously hope it continues but the justification for him to be previously dropped and subsequently loaned out, was correct. He was very poor and off the pace. 

I'm not dressing anything up I'm not convinced defensively with him but I was just pointing out that his best game for us was before the disaster against them.

I've not got into how I rate him I was just correcting you as you was wrong.

8 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

I'm not dressing anything up I'm not convinced defensively with him but I was just pointing out that his best game for us was before the disaster against them.

I've not got into how I rate him I was just correcting you as you was wrong.

no I wasn’t...he was terrible. He had 1 maybe 2 good games out of 14/15. He was shocking and the pigs game was the last straw. 30,000 other Wednesday fans knew it and so did the manager...only you that still thought “there’s a player in there”. 

🥱 🥱 🥱......get back to fifa or FM. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Agree... i was at that Cardiff game and he was class. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

no I wasn’t...he was terrible. He had 1 maybe 2 good games out of 14/15. He was shocking and the pigs game was the last straw. 30,000 other Wednesday fans knew it and so did the manager...only you that still thought “there’s a player in there”. 

🥱 🥱 🥱......get back to fifa or FM. 

Totally right. 

I even remember Nixon tweeting ‘Dutch lad needs to sharpen up’ a few games before the Pigs debacle.

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

Wow, the support for this lad from some of you is the main reason our players are afraid to pull on the shirt. FIFA managers springs to mind, he’s playing well, get off his back FFS and show some much needed support. Slagging players off isnt going to claw back 8 points.

Spot on. Totally the fans fault.

He arrived here aged 23 from another country as has so far made 17 appearances for the club.

I put him in the same bracket as Rhodes in the sense that he's just generally had a weird time at the club so far for various reasons.

New season though and a fresh start, has looked good so far, let's hope he keeps it up.

• Like 1