Van aken

Seen off the threat from  Keiffer Moore and Glenn Murray in the last two games.

A few errors but on the whole, really encouraging and composed performances.

He took a knock in the ribs from Murray today but battled through.

Lees in the middle as the stopper allows vA and Dom to play out to the wing backs....Lees concentrates on what he is good at and is no longer our outball from the back.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We’ve seen him for two games this time around and he’s looked ok.
I thought he defended bravely for the most part and seems to have added a bit of physicality to his game. Carried the ball out of defence well and pinged some good long passes.

To be fair though there were a couple of incidents that concerned me. John Pearson saw it and was shouting don’t let it bounce when a looping ball came at him. He did let it bounce but got away with it more by luck than judgement. The other was a horribly sliced clearance that gave away a corner. If he can cut out these mistakes we could have a decent player on the left of that defence. 

He’ll need a few more games before I’m fully convinced but I think he’s doing well enough to keep Borner out just now. I don’t think Borner is at his best in a three man defence.

• Like 4

Started off looking great going forward, but was awfully iffy defensively. 

Struggled really badly with any ball played past /over him to turn and recover and his lack of mobility made him an easy target. 

Still not convinced by him, but I'm willing to give the lad another chance to prove he's far better than my thoughts on him defensively. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Nero said:

Ok but....

Gave away two needless corners and sliced a volley inches over his own bar.

In amongst some decent defending. 

Luck went his way today which is great and hopefully he gets a bit more confidence.

Totally agree. Was the worst of our 3 defenders by a mile today.