Garry Monk does NOT hold back discussing how Watford played today

He may or may not turn out to be a good manager but history tells us the most successful clubs are based upon consistency especially at managerial level and not constant chopping and changing. He's now got his team in and the transfers this summer appear to be the most targeted and logical of the chansiri era. So I say why don't we give this guy a chance, say to him you've got a four year contract and see if he can take us up. Sturrock said some day a manager here will get it right and become that legend, I bloody hope it is Monk.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

He may or may not turn out to be a good manager but history tells us the most successful clubs are based upon consistency especially at managerial level and not constant chopping and changing. He's now got his team in and the transfers this summer appear to be the most targeted and logical of the chansiri era. So I say why don't we give this guy a chance, say to him you've got a four year contract and see if he can take us up. Sturrock said some day a manager here will get it right and become that legend, I bloody hope it is Monk.

Spot on. I'd give him a 10 year contract.

One of the best records in Europe. One more draw and overtakes Jos too.

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No not at all

You can sit and fester in your negativity about a select small number of games from Monk's career with us at our club, forget all about the brilliant exciting pre-Christmas form that got us to third, forget all the new era, new staff coming in, the clear out of the bad eggs, the new approach, the four straight clean sheets, the fact we've won three away games on the trot etc

You can forget all that if you want to

I won't though - I'll be pushing forward and not clinging onto some inaccurate outdated views and even more importantly supporting the team, the club and the manager in our most critical time for many many years in a make or break situation and when they need us the most.

UP THE OWLS

Well done Garry Monk 👍

THIS!

• Like 1

Most of our good stuff came in a first half with a 3-5-2 formation. We could have gone all in and chased the extra points with a switch to 4-4-2 and tried to be more of a threat pushing hard down the wings. Of course this is all hind sight and we could have finished empty handed.

You just got to be happy with the point and a fourth clean sheet only another 14 of em to break our record lol

• Like 1

First half very encouraging.  Impressive and hope we can improve on from that. Second half a serious warning. Faded and toothless. Need to get a finisher in now. New signings are not goal scorers as it stands. They might improve but can't see Windass, Kachunga or Rhodes scoring regularly at the moment. 

Next 5-6 games will tell. Must get in a finisher before transfer window shuts or the great work in the first half will at best only end in draws. 

8 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

First half very encouraging.  Impressive and hope we can improve on from that. Second half a serious warning. Faded and toothless. Need to get a finisher in now. New signings are not goal scorers as it stands. They might improve but can't see Windass, Kachunga or Rhodes scoring regularly at the moment. 

Next 5-6 games will tell. Must get in a finisher before transfer window shuts or the great work in the first half will at best only end in draws. 

Good finishers at this level cost north of £20m in today’s market. The best we can hope for is a centre forward capable of getting 10-15, or picking up a diamond in the lower leagues 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No worries Dom

You're barking up the wrong tree fella. Not a journalist just a fan for 36 years who wants the club to do well and for most of my time supporting the club we haven't. Couldn't really care who manages the club, am neither pro nor anti monk ( as I stated at the start of my initial lost which you convenienly appeared to ignore). Success is more likely to come through continuity, we can give monk a multi year contract and him only be entitled to a few months severance pay (this is actually quite common in football) and this is likely to increase our chances of success (whether Monk should be the recipient if that is up for debate) but here is a completely radical idea. Why not, rather than continually birch, whinge and complain don't you support the club and everything about it for once. If you can't do that, do one!

• Haha 1

Just now, damianb1 said:

You're barking up the wrong tree fella. Not a journalist just a fan for 36 years who wants the club to do well and for most of my time supporting the club we haven't. Couldn't really care who manages the club, am neither pro nor anti monk ( as I stated at the start of my initial lost which you convenienly appeared to ignore). Success is more likely to come through continuity, we can give monk a multi year contract and him only be entitled to a few months severance pay (this is actually quite common in football) and this is likely to increase our chances of success (whether Monk should be the recipient if that is up for debate) but here is a completely radical idea. Why not, rather than continually birch, whinge and complain don't you support the club and everything about it for once. If you can't do that, do one!

Look Dom, yes or no ?

Pick one based how you feel right now. Which is it ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1