Josh Windass SPEAKS OUT to Wednesday fans all over the world

31 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Joshua, if you're reading this.  It is have. FFS.  Apart from that, keep up the good work.

Where is windass from? I see this "have vs of" all the time, with those at the other side of the pennines constantly using of....numpties..... Oh no, wrong place for a thread / comment like this, it has nothing to do with swfc, I'm so sorry. 

48 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Where is windass from? I see this "have vs of" all the time, with those at the other side of the pennines constantly using of....numpties..... Oh no, wrong place for a thread / comment like this, it has nothing to do with swfc, I'm so sorry. 

You think that’s bad? I have to work in Leeds where they see nothing wrong with saying “I aren’t doing it”. Bloody numpties. 

• Haha 2

Of and have isn't regional dialect or anything like that. It's simple bad grammar. The worst one we have to deal with in English lessons though is 'I were' when they aren't writing in the subjunctive mood. 'We was' is just as prevalent unfortunately. Eventually they start to get it right but as its how a lot of people talk then it's hard for them to remember. I always think a test on the Queen's English is a little unfair on those of us what dunt speak it proper like. 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

Of and have isn't regional dialect or anything like that. It's simple bad grammar. The worst one we have to deal with in English lessons though is 'I were' when they aren't writing in the subjunctive mood. 'We was' is just as prevalent unfortunately. Eventually they start to get it right but as its how a lot of people talk then it's hard for them to remember. I always think a test on the Queen's English is a little unfair on those of us what dunt speak it proper like. 

We was, is one of my many failings in grammar, which annoys me as I read such a lot, but I don't pick up the good habits.

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We was, is one of my many failings in grammar, which annoys me as I read such a lot, but I don't pick up the good habits.

If that's how you speak when you're relaxed and not thinking about it then it's hard to remember it when you need to. I work with someone who always says I were and it were. She's highly educated but it's just how she speaks.