Appeal Date

1 hour ago, SwellOwl said:

Is there one?

When is it likely to be held? I’m expecting the deducted points to be cleared because we don’t concede goals anymore. 

They stated that the appeal would be heard in the AUTUMN.... 

Autumn 2020 in Northern Hemisphere will begin on

Tuesday, 22 September

and ends on, 

21 December

Edited by owls-swfc

Considering our start to the season I think any reduction, even only three points would be a great help.

If the appeal reduces the penalty by six points (or more)  I'll start counting my winnings.

I've backed us to win the league with a +26 points start at 14/1.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Based on ? 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see 2 or 3 knocked off 

Read the summary report from the first case.

We’re either either guilty of the -12 point penalty or we’re not. That’s the only discussion. Not the extent to which we’re guilty (eg how much over the limit we were)

And there’s statements in there from our own auditor saying if they had more info they wouldn’t have signed it off.

Edited by McRightSide

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Read the summary report from the first case.

We’re either either guilty of the -12 point penalty or we’re not. That’s the only discussion. Not the extent to which we’re guilty (eg how much over the limit we were)

And there’s statements in there from our own auditor saying if they had more info they wouldn’t have signed it off.

BUT the penalty should have been applied to the correct season not held over in order to create as much damage as possible! therefore our appeal should centre on it being back dated to the correct period and that table amended to read “ * minus 12 points “ 

you never know the panel might look kindly on us ....

maybe 🙏

• Haha 1

-12.  I think that's how it'll stand, post appeal.  It's going to be a long. tough season, so let's give it back to them, ten times over.  So far, SWFC  is doing just that, and the Players seem to have an "attitude" this Season.

Don't expect anything good to come of the appeal, it's politics.

It'll be a waste of time.

I'm not being overly negative here, but it's just that there's just no scope for a reduction of the points deduction.

The ‘mitigating circumstances’ of them not being applied to the correct season aren't going to help us one bit because the only alternative conclusion is that yes, we're guilty of the charges, but because the punishment wasn't applied when it ought to have been, we're allowed to ‘get away with it’ (from their point of view). You get these bizarre perversions of justice in the law counts with criminal cases because the law courts are also preoccupied with ensuring the fundamental legitimacy of the legal system. The arbitration panel never had such oversight in the first place, and all they seemingly had the will (and probably the remit) to do is apply rules as they'd been applied before with some kind of consistency, that is, they're not going to apply rules or punishments that didn't hitherto exist.

Let's just focus on the season as it currently stands with the points deduction of -12 as it is. Ultimately, that unwavering focus will be worth far more to us come the end of the season than any potential reduction that we'll almost certainly not get. It's just a costly distraction.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

-12.  I think that's how it'll stand, post appeal.  It's going to be a long. tough season, so let's give it back to them, ten times over.  So far, SWFC  is doing just that, and the Players seem to have an "attitude" this Season.

Don't expect anything good to come of the appeal, it's politics.

We won’t get it reduced. I don’t think there’s anything in the rules that allow for that in our circumstances.

However the rules do state that the punishment should be applied in the season following the breach. The reason it wasn’t was purely down to the EFLs investigation. I would be arguing that applying it two seasons later is not allowed and therefore should be overturned.

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

We won’t get it reduced. I don’t think there’s anything in the rules that allow for that in our circumstances.

However the rules do state that the punishment should be applied in the season following the breach. The reason it wasn’t was purely down to the EFLs investigation. I would be arguing that applying it two seasons later is not allowed and therefore should be overturned.

Yes, but their argument will be that the breach wasn't discovered until last season, which is on the EFL, but since when does the "governing body" of English Football become accountable for being incompetent and not fit for purpose?   

You're right though, the -12 will stand, and the governing body will remain in place.  That's ok, SWFC has, in 2 League matches, already knocked it down to -8.