Settled Formation and Settled Side

Just now, theowlsman said:

You know what I meant. Winning the League cup was not in my thoughts when I posted.

I do, I’m just making a crap joke for the sake of making a crap joke. I completely agree with you — they look like they know their roles in the squad and look well-drilled as a unit. Early days still, but it’s very refreshing compared to last season so far

• Like 3

It does make a big difference, along with players suited to how we play, as well as more energy in the team. We look like we have a hard working, solid side now, that is set up well to suit the players we have. The Cup games have shown we have players to come in that can do a job and the youngsters are pushing our more experienced players.

However, we should be mindful, with a shortened pre-season, the season is more congested and midweek games will come thick and fast. Signs are good for the future and squad depth will be tested the longer the season goes on. It helps having players that can push for a starting place and to have players that can come in for others and be equally suited to how we play. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Anyone agree with me that this makes all the difference in the league rather than chopping and changing the side every week?

Yes, formation.

I’m not seeing anything to suggest Penney is a first-choice WB.

Reach left and Harris right have to be our starters. 

• Like 1