• Brown
    • Windass
    • Rhodes
    • Penney
    • Palmer (55)
    • Kachunga (69)
    • Reach (85)

3 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Weird a lot are seeing Dawson's performance different to me. I like him, but thought he wasn't the best today. Didn't come and claim the ball, spilled saves that he can normally keep hold off. 

He's made a couple of decent saves, so you can't fault him. I've gone for Lees as MoM.

Lees didn't put a foot wrong all game. Neither did JVA or Iorfa for that matter. Lees held it together and made some critical clearances in the second half.

Watford didn't show up in the first half, but clearly had a bigger impact in possession in our half in the second.

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Dawson 7 too decent saves but should be getting stronger hands on them. Saved by Harris both times

Iorfa 7 solid. Missed a good chance 

Lees 8 outstanding. -1 as he should have scored 

van Aken 6 ok but Borner is better

Harris 7 defensively excellent. Not great going forward 

Penney 5 struggled and poor crossing 

Luongo 8 battled brilliantly 

Bannan 6 not his kind of game 

Brown 7 outstanding first half but not great in the second. Poor header at the end

Windass 7 worked hard, great block and should have had a penalty 

Rhodes 6 worked hard

Palmer 6

Kachunga 5 struggled 

Reach 6

Take a point all day long. Desperately need a big centre forward.

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson 7 too decent saves but should be getting stronger hands on them. Saved by Harris both times

Iorfa 7 solid. Missed a good chance 

Lees 8 outstanding. -1 as he should have scored 

van Aken 6 ok but Borner is better

Harris 7 defensively excellent. Not great going forward 

Penney 5 struggled and poor crossing 

Luongo 8 battled brilliantly 

Bannan 6 not his kind of game 

Brown 7 outstanding first half but not great in the second. Poor header at the end

Windass 7 worked hard, great block and should have had a penalty 

Rhodes 6 worked hard

Palmer 6

Kachunga 5 struggled 

Reach 6

Take a point all day long. Desperately need a big centre forward.

Borner is better? 

How?

Van Aken was very good today. Kept Murray completely out of the game. Did some fantastic body on the line defensive work at corners and throughout the game and distributed well.

Also competed well throughout in the air. Not sure what people expect that he isn't delivering. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

He's made a couple of decent saves, so you can't fault him. I've gone for Lees as MoM.

Lees didn't put a foot wrong all game. Neither did JVA or Iorfa for that matter. Lees held it together and made some critical clearances in the second half.

Watford didn't show up in the first half, but clearly had a bigger impact in possession in our half in the second.

Aye, I think more I was referening that he is winning on MOTM, not trying to fault him as such.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Went for Harris purely because he ran and ran, then the mopping up he did.

Some players switch off and ball watch but he followed the ball making vital clearances.

I do fear that’s all that Harris is though, an athlete. Jeremy Helan 

• Like 1

We're playing well. We had the first half, and despite them having the second we stuck to it, booted it and leathered it when required. Not always pretty in the second 45 minutes.

But there's more to football than playing nice stuff. 

There's a little bit of edge to the side this year. A little bit more nigglyness in the make up.

Well good. Because it's something we've long missed , IMO.

Yes. Keep playing like this, keep keeping those clean sheets and we'll soon start clawing our way back up that table.

Of course it will then  become tricky with the player rating scores for those folks that have  firmly nailed their colours to the mast previously about which players aren't up to it.

They have to  admit the players have improved or that they were wrong.

Or they stick to their guns in the face of the all evidence to convince themselves they were right as usual.

Edited by Lord Snooty

3 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Borner is better? 

How?

Van Aken was very good today. Kept Murray completely out of the game. Did some fantastic body on the line defensive work at corners and throughout the game and distributed well.

Also competed well throughout in the air. Not sure what people expect that he isn't delivering. 

It was good by his standards, but he’s a fair way from being what we need at this level IMO

There’s a lot of shinning the ball, reactivity and bad positioning that goes on if you watch him properly

Lees for me, but Van Aken also impressed.

I don’t think too many teams will get all 3 points against Watford, so, on that basis, I was reasonably happy with a draw in the end. 

We were the better team in the first half, but they finished the second half the stronger team. 

• Like 1

Vs Watford

Dawson, 7 – Couple of decent saves in the second half (not easy, but would expect to make), could have done better with Murray’s shot in the first half

Iorfa, 8 – won a lot in the air and defended well, missed a chance with his head

Lees, 8 – gritty performance, won plenty in the air and three at the back means he has more options on the ball

Van Aken, 7 – mostly decent and seems to have toughened up a bit, but did give away a couple of needless corners

Harris, 7 – impressive work rate and defence, just a couple of times when he needed to show quality in final third and he didn’t

Penney, 7 – thought he looked better than last week, surprised he was subbed but Palmer did well too

Luongo, 8 – MoM, one of his best games for us, really impressive in shielding the defence, showed good strength on the ball and looked like making things happen

Bannan, 7 – Couple of nice turns and balls over the top, worked hard, but bit subdued

Brown, 7 – would have been my MoM for the first half – he gets into really dangerous positions and intercepts so well. Faded a bit in second half.

Windass, 7 – really like his work rate and energy, bursting through, think he’s a key player, great block near the end

Rhodes, 6 – tried hard, but the ball didn’t seem to stick like when Kachunga was up front

Subs

Palmer, 7 – great cross near the end

Kachunga, 7 – a couple of nearly moments – and held the ball up better, could have shot rather than passed near the end

Reach, N/A – not on long enough to judge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1