Jump to content

Hard Work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, parajack said:

Your name be top of the list? but which list?

each to their own judgement, some think trump a smart man.

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

Than your not the 'real' Dorian Grey...but a pale imitation......(just kidding)

i'll settle for the younger looking bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, slow83 said:

May as well close the site down if you keep peddling things without a fact. Debate goes to the dogs

Really? we rarely get 'facts' do we as fans?we get 'hints' & the odd off the record media..& are pretty much left to join up the dotted lines ourselves..I saw Jos haul Hutchinson off,after giving away an alleged needless penalty,& didnt the same player allegedly make fun of the manager by mimicking his Mustache?

 

FF took an age to get ready for his substitutes appearance,was banned by the EFL,& refused to play at Norwich...Westwood & Hutchinson both dropped by two consecutive managers,are we to believe that 2 managers with completely different backgrounds were unprofessional enough to single out players for no reason?

 

What Championship Club(that we know of) has shown any interest in FF or Hutchinson? Westwood?(1 allegedly but no move ) Also no club as yet for Winnal..or Lee....are they tainted too by their time here? No idea..decent players in their time...but no club.

So....we are left with what we believe.....

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Under Carlos and the tactical periodisation I think the plan was to control possession and play at our pace before turning it up later. We could be unplayable for 20 mins but sometimes the game was going by then and the grafting teams got at us early away from home especially.

 

We need to be one of those teams now as we don’t have much match winning quality from individuals 

 

Worth noting though that team was well capable of promotion and underperformed second season. Didn’t fancy it the third. We’re short of that now and just have to hope we build.

 

100% on the top two parts.

who was responsible for the utter disgrace of the second season? is debatable depending on who you listen to, whilst NOW monk is responsible for everything wrong when you listen to the people who say carlos was not.

third season, spent, gone and a squad not listening to shyte anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, parajack said:

 

 

Westwood & Hutchinson both dropped by two consecutive managers,are we to believe that 2 managers with completely different backgrounds were unprofessional enough to single out players for no reason?

 

 

 

Who were the consecutive managers? Jos and Bullen, if we forget Bullen do you mean Jos and Bruce, or do we have to forget Bullen and Bruce to get your two consecutive managers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, james o connor said:

The lot that were paid a hell of a lot more and cost a lot more than the current team . I’m so happy to see the back of wasters like forestieri , gobby crocks like Westwood and Hutchinson and painfully over paid players like fletcher 

I'm assuming you didn't applaud them off the pitch at Wembley then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

You sound just like my old manager.

 

It's a wonder I never grew in confidence when he was sending me out onto the pitch with 'you're sh*t at football, but at least you can run around a lot' ringing in my ears.

 

This was at U15s level, as well.

 

:duntmatter:

Crucial thing there is of course never tell them they’re s*#t

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, parajack said:

Really? we rarely get 'facts' do we as fans?we get 'hints' & the odd off the record media..& are pretty much left to join up the dotted lines ourselves..I saw Jos haul Hutchinson off,after giving away an alleged needless penalty,& didnt the same player allegedly make fun of the manager by mimicking his Mustache?

 

FF took an age to get ready for his substitutes appearance,was banned by the EFL,& refused to play at Norwich...Westwood & Hutchinson both dropped by two consecutive managers,are we to believe that 2 managers with completely different backgrounds were unprofessional enough to single out players for no reason?

 

What Championship Club(that we know of) has shown any interest in FF or Hutchinson? Westwood?(1 allegedly but no move ) Also no club as yet for Winnal..or Lee....are they tainted too by their time here? No idea..decent players in their time...but no club.

So....we are left with what we believe.....

 

I hear what you’re saying, but there are one or two people who claim to know that ‘something happened at Christmas’ - yet won’t say what, but then it causes people like us to post about it so the bait works right?!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, slow83 said:

I hear what you’re saying, but there are one or two people who claim to know that ‘something happened at Christmas’ - yet won’t say what, but then it causes people like us to post about it so the bait works right?!

They’re winding you up. They don’t know, no one knows.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerd Muller rarely ran around, fixed to penalty spot. Until he scored. Every game.

 

Cloughie built European Cup winners on slobs, slackers , smokers and beer swillers.

 

But Robertson best crosser ever seen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All this thread is designed to do is give an opportunity to slag off previous players, who for two seasons were talented and hardworking, that's why we did as well as we did.

 

Yes they needed moving on, but i find it hypocritical of people who slag them off no end yet refuse to admit that for two seasons it was quality.

 

Whilst these same people are also guffing over this new team that work hard, make Monk out to be the messiah, despite only winning away at Cardiff and drawing at home to Watford, yet another game at Hillsborough we didn't win or score in!

 

its two league games, lets see what this team do over the next two seasons!

 

Most normal fans can see in the last  four games there are lots of positives, but this team have a long way to go before we consider this team to be as good as the one that contained Westwood, Hunt, Lee Loovens Pudil Wallace Lee Hutcinson Bannan Foriesteri and Hooper!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

All this thread is designed to do is give an opportunity to slag off previous players, who for two seasons were talented and hardworking, that's why we did as well as we did.

 

Yes they needed moving on, but i find it hypocritical of people who slag them off no end yet refuse to admit that for two seasons it was quality.

 

Whilst these same people are also guffing over this new team that work hard, make Monk out to be the messiah, despite only winning away at Cardiff and drawing at home to Watford, yet another game at Hillsborough we didn't win or score in!

 

its two league games, lets see what this team do over the next two seasons!

 

Most normal fans can see in the last  four games there are lots of positives, but this team have a long way to go before we consider this team to be as good as the one that contained Westwood, Hunt, Lee Loovens Pudil Wallace Lee Hutcinson Bannan Foriesteri and Hooper!

 

 

Opened a new box of 'exclamation' marks!!!!!!!!!   ? Thats what you say people are doing..your opinion....not fact.Cardiff away & the Hornets at home by the way,were two really potentially difficult gigs that could have gone so badly wrong...the fact that they clearly didn't,far from it,is what people are commenting on..

Not guffing over the 'new' team..at all what new team? either 6 or 7 Players were here last season(as many have commented on pre season,how few players left) that were in the squad Sat....

You missing 'Hutch' 'Fessi' Dave?...Lee?   Winnall?..players move on all the time, & we are not comparing Players we are comparing Team performance,attitude,& results,from last season to this....The Players you referenced  FAILED, failed to win promotion for this Club...thats what they were brought in for,and we didnt get it..'most 'normal' fans....**** me...oh to be 'normal'....END EX

Edited by parajack
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Out of interest then, what's your prediction for our league finish? 

Mid table,lower mid table if we run out of steam,late run at the play offs if we fly...

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, the third man said:

Who were the consecutive managers? Jos and Bullen, if we forget Bullen do you mean Jos and Bruce, or do we have to forget Bullen and Bruce to get your two consecutive managers?

Your right to point that out,i saw it too & edited it,but the edit for some reason hasn't been applied...changed it to two 'different' managers.but hey ho...You can take me at my word,or not.....Bullen didnt leave out either Westwood or Hutchinson from memory,neither did Bruce,but it still doesn't take away the fact that two different managers felt the need to do so...

Bullen of course himself now in charge of under 23s...so....maybe through no fault of his own seen as part of the problem? who knows,i dont count him as a manager anyway,because he clearly was only acting in whilst one was appointed.

Edited by parajack
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...