Hard Work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

4 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

My targets are realistic are yours ??

We will be above your target by Xmas,up to now my predictions been 100%,I said FF & Dave would go abroad for their football,& Hutchinson unlikely to get a (Championship)club & possibly retire/coach  we will see

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

John Pearson just chatting about the players we've got rid of/are trying to get rid of from the Carlos era saying they were picking and choosing when they felt like playing 

Also used the phrase "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The sum of the parts, the collective of a team fighting for each other always trumps a team of individuals unless you have a Messi in your team.  You saw the team ethos in the great Liverpool teams of the 1980s and you also see it at grassroots level when players work for the team.  

There were problems in recent season in the dressing room and it is refreshing to have cleared the decks.  If we are going to pull off the Great Escape the team spirit and togetherness is what we need and maybe Monk is creating that? 🤞

• Like 1

I honestly don't believe ANY Wednesday fan believes that anymore

We all know for a fact that we've had bad eggs at the club who have had our pants down

Just to be totally neutral, have we heard both sides of the story? That is important.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

John Pearson just chatting about the players we've got rid of/are trying to get rid of from the Carlos era saying they were picking and choosing when they felt like playing 

Also used the phrase "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

In other words if you’re rubbish, run around ALOT. 

• Haha 2

I honestly don't believe ANY Wednesday fan believes that anymore

We all know for a fact that we've had bad eggs at the club who have had our pants down

May as well close the site down if you keep peddling things without a fact. Debate goes to the dogs

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, slow83 said:

In other words if you’re rubbish, run around ALOT. 

You sound just like my old manager.

It's a wonder I never grew in confidence when he was sending me out onto the pitch with 'you're sh*t at football, but at least you can run around a lot' ringing in my ears.

This was at U15s level, as well.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, parajack said:

We will be above your target by Xmas,up to now my predictions been 100%,I said FF & Dave would go abroad for their football,& Hutchinson unlikely to get a (Championship)club & possibly retire/coach  we will see

Out of interest then, what's your prediction for our league finish? 

15 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

You mean the players that gave us our highest two finishes in the league?

Lets see if this lot are less that 12 points off 4th at the end of the season.

The lot that were paid a hell of a lot more and cost a lot more than the current team . I’m so happy to see the back of wasters like forestieri , gobby crocks like Westwood and Hutchinson and painfully over paid players like fletcher 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, parajack said:

4th bottom ?...we have played 2 games in the League,kept two clean sheets,won one,and drawn with a side who many thought would belt us..show some spirit please!!We can do much better than that...I would accept 4th bottom at the end of the season,if i saw progress on the field as well as results..but ime not aiming for it....Stop looking in the mirror Dorian,its aging you mate..

i see only good things when i look in the mirror.

Under Carlos and the tactical periodisation I think the plan was to control possession and play at our pace before turning it up later. We could be unplayable for 20 mins but sometimes the game was going by then and the grafting teams got at us early away from home especially.

We need to be one of those teams now as we don’t have much match winning quality from individuals 

Worth noting though that team was well capable of promotion and underperformed second season. Didn’t fancy it the third. We’re short of that now and just have to hope we build.

Edited by Bluesteel