Hard Work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly don't believe ANY Wednesday fan believes that anymore

Would love to live in a fantasy world as well but quite a few well reasoned wednesday fans believe it is speculation. 

By the look of it two have posted in this thread.

IF we can get a hard working side playing for each other AND bring some goals in via a c/f in the loan window, we can finish top half with luck.

IF we don't bring goals in, hard work all the time can be asking too much, then the players stop listening, stop believing, and it goes south.

this is only a start, dc needs to support monk, and get him a proper weapon up front, or even two.

35 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

A team of hard workers and little talent won’t go far.

A team of talented individuals who don’t work hard won’t go far.

A mixture of both and you’ve nailed it.

but then it's balance needed.

tommy doc said to ken furphy when ken was pig manager 'buy enough third division players, and you'll end up in the third division'.

2 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

but then it's balance needed.

tommy doc said to ken furphy when ken was pig manager 'buy enough third division players, and you'll end up in the third division'.

Very true. Which is what worries me now we have a lot of hard work but we’re lacking in quality. 

Just now, Dutch McLovin said:

Very true. Which is what worries me now we have a lot of hard work but we’re lacking in quality. 

can't argue there, and it's unlikely to last, unless you have staggering good luck, and fantastic team spirit.

however it may last for a while, and once we've got shut of the 'efl anchor' we can aim for 4th. bottom.

but realistically we cannot go on keeping a clean sheet, when we concede we have come out and leave gaps that could cause us to concede more, we need goals, we need to loan in attackers.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 2soon said:

Would love to live in a fantasy world as well but quite a few well reasoned wednesday fans believe it is speculation. 

By the look of it two have posted in this thread.

I don't know what to say

It's like talking to someone who's watching a wall being painted green saying to them "What do you think?  Do you like the green wall?"  and getting a  reply of 'I reckon it's orange'

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

I would have taken 4 points from first 2 games no matter how we played. We do need an injection of talent upfront (to be fair Windass has looked good) and a defensive midfielder as Luongo is not that type of player. The target is 4th bottom and we are looking a reasonable bet to be able to get that at least , so far anyway. The worry is the squad has little or no back up , if we hit a run of injuries we could be in serious trouble.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly don't believe ANY Wednesday fan believes that anymore

We all know for a fact that we've had bad eggs at the club who have had our pants down

Please for the sake of f.ook someone put that on a flag for the top of the Kop..It would be absolutely brilliant!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dorian gray said:

hard working AND talented footballers cost an arm and a leg, look at some of our more recent 'better lights'.

talented?, yes, hard working? when it suited, loyal to the club and fans? you're joking.

Totally agree mate but your having a disagreement with yourself!! not unknown on here though...LOL  i wasn't referring to those i was glad to see the back of...

28 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

I would have taken 4 points from first 2 games no matter how we played. We do need an injection of talent upfront (to be fair Windass has looked good) and a defensive midfielder as Luongo is not that type of player. The target is 4th bottom and we are looking a reasonable bet to be able to get that at least , so far anyway. The worry is the squad has little or no back up , if we hit a run of injuries we could be in serious trouble.

Target 4th bottom? might be yours its not mine....

52 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

can't argue there, and it's unlikely to last, unless you have staggering good luck, and fantastic team spirit.

however it may last for a while, and once we've got shut of the 'efl anchor' we can aim for 4th. bottom.

but realistically we cannot go on keeping a clean sheet, when we concede we have come out and leave gaps that could cause us to concede more, we need goals, we need to loan in attackers.

4th bottom ?...we have played 2 games in the League,kept two clean sheets,won one,and drawn with a side who many thought would belt us..show some spirit please!!We can do much better than that...I would accept 4th bottom at the end of the season,if i saw progress on the field as well as results..but ime not aiming for it....Stop looking in the mirror Dorian,its aging you mate..

Edited by parajack

54 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

Sometimes its interesting to see which members 'like' posts......nuff said