A point today

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Another one here thinking we're going to walk the league and win every game

lol

Why wouldn't we after beating Walsall and Rochdale....

Watford are no mugs, still got most of their prem squad so 1 point would be a result today. If we can have a decent September to set us up for October which includes fixtures against Wycombe, Rotherham and Luton, then we're in as good a place as we could have hoped. 

• Like 2

Given our home form 2nd half of last season and Watford's recent successes against us, I can understand people saying a draw is a good result - ordinarily it would be.

But - Watford are an absolute basket case of a club right now and we need to seize on our opportunity this avo and get the win.

I honestly don't think Watford are all that - don't think they'll make top 6.

Edited by Lime Tree Heros
  • Like 1

Just now, MallorcaOwl said:

Watford have a lot of players unavailable for one reason or the other. We should be looking for 3 points.

100%.

No idea where this fear has suddenly come from in some of our fans.

3 clean sheets, unbeaten, a squad on fire. Why on earth would we play for a point ?

I'm embarrassed for them.

12 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Why wouldn't we after beating Walsall and Rochdale....

Watford are no mugs, still got most of their prem squad so 1 point would be a result today. If we can have a decent September to set us up for October which includes fixtures against Wycombe, Rotherham and Luton, then we're in as good a place as we could have hoped. 

Not sure that Wycombe, Rotherham or Luton are necessarily weaker than us. Nor am I sure that Watford are stronger. Anything can happen in this league and so far Monk's got it right. Glass half full guys!

26 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

We can beat Watford, every team is beatable in this league and we should be confident after getting the results and keeping the clean sheets we have.

That’s the attitude we absolutely need to have coming out of the tunnel every Saturday. Of course we’re going to lose a bunch of games. Some of which we should have won. But a winning attitude will win games we may have lost and win the games we should win. UTO. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Joe Sunburn said:

That’s the attitude we absolutely need to have coming out of the tunnel every Saturday. Of course we’re going to lose a bunch of games. Some of which we should have won. But a winning attitude will win games we may have lost and win the games we should win. UTO. 

Nailed it.

No more playing for draws.