In other (non-football) Sheffield news...

3 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

As well as the Pubs and Clubs, there are other memorable Sheffield stuff on the site too... who remembers REDGATES?

Child-Of-Redgates.jpg

https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/product-tag/redgates-toy-shop/

There's also some of my hand-drawn art of Sheffield Icons on there, available as Art Prints, Framed Prints, T-Shirts, Hoodies, Mugs and more...

ART-COLLAGE.jpg

https://www.sheffieldguide.blog/brand/art-by-james/

I love the Greasy Vera’s one. Ultimate kudos for that! My God, I spent some time there. Me and my mates genuinely had an account there. We were always straightening up for last week and getting something “on the tab” to be paid next week. A Vera’s special, cup of tea and a wagon wheel - fvvck me, that’d straighten you out after a night on the p155 in town. 

There was a real mix of people that hung out at Greasy V’s. Lads and lasses on their way home, prozzies, pimps, dealers, coppers, Yardies, taxi drivers, students, etc. All having a laugh and getting things on the tab for this week and paying for last week’s stuff.

For the life for me though, I can’t remember the guys name (and I saw him every week for years).  

Cheers DeeJayOne. You’ve made my day.  

• Love 2

18 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I love the Greasy Vera’s one. Ultimate kudos for that! My God, I spent some time there. Me and my mates genuinely had an account there. We were always straightening up for last week and getting something “on the tab” to be paid next week. A Vera’s special, cup of tea and a wagon wheel - fvvck me, that’d straighten you out after a night on the p155 in town. 

There was a real mix of people that hung out at Greasy V’s. Lads and lasses on their way home, prozzies, pimps, dealers, coppers, Yardies, taxi drivers, students, etc. All having a laugh and getting things on the tab for this week and paying for last week’s stuff.

For the life for me though, I can’t remember the guys name (and I saw him every week for years).  

Cheers DeeJayOne. You’ve made my day.  

No worries. Had lots of love for the Vera’s one — including from the former owners and their family 😀

Anyway... get buying a framed print of it. 😂

5 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

Anyone remember The Underground? Styled on a London tube station. Think it was round the back of John Lewis, or Coles as it was then. 

Yep, used to start off in there on a Saturday, then Henry's, stone house, Gladstones, wig and pen, can't remember the other one accross the road, then dove, Cairos.

7 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Nah, preferred romeos / Cairos to Roxy.

How good was it that we had such a great choice though!

Cairos
Roxys
Isabellas
Sinatras
Millionaires

Josephines

and that druggy one on Charter Square I used to go to on Tuesday nights, sit on the floor and share poppers with a long haired bloke

lol

Owlstalk Shop