Jump to content

Recommended Posts

It's a strange one but despite the fact we have started on -12 and our squad is weaker now than it was at this stage last season i'm more confident this year. I think it's the lack of expectation and the challenge of trying to overcome the points deduction. The pressure is off and I think that's galvanised the club 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

It's a strange one but despite the fact we have started on -12 and our squad is weaker now than it was at this stage last season i'm more confident this year. I think it's the lack of expectation and the challenge of trying to overcome the points deduction. The pressure is off and I think that's galvanised the club 

Maybe players who are generally more determined and keen to ply their trade are better than what we had.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Maybe players who are generally more determined and keen to ply their trade are better than what we had.

 

Definitely feels that way, new guys have settled in right away. Team spirit feels similiar to what we had in Carlos' first season

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brian joicey said:

i sat next to paul shane (ted bovis) away at port vale (bank holiday monday 1990? promotion season) 

Cool, did he say hi (de  hi ) to you 🤭

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard work, team work and positivity is far more valuable than just talent. Talent without application is worthless.

 

I still think we're going to get relegated but I couldn't have wished for a better start to the season. Will see where we are after 12 games but all the signs at Hillsborough are so much better than previous couple of seasons (even counting the points deduction). Will gladly eat my hat if we stay up. Really hope we do.

 

C'mon Wednesday!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

Hard work, team work and positivity is far more valuable than just talent. Talent without application is worthless.

 

I still think we're going to get relegated but I couldn't have wished for a better start to the season. Will see where we are after 12 games but all the signs at Hillsborough are so much better than previous couple of seasons (even counting the points deduction). Will gladly eat my hat if we stay up. Really hope we do.

 

C'mon Wednesday!

Why 12 games ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

Hard work, team work and positivity is far more valuable than just talent. Talent without application is worthless.

 

I still think we're going to get relegated but I couldn't have wished for a better start to the season. Will see where we are after 12 games but all the signs at Hillsborough are so much better than previous couple of seasons (even counting the points deduction). Will gladly eat my hat if we stay up. Really hope we do.

 

C'mon Wednesday!

 

 

12 GAMES???

How come 12 games?


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

Hard work, team work and positivity is far more valuable than just talent. Talent without application is worthless.

 

I still think we're going to get relegated but I couldn't have wished for a better start to the season. Will see where we are after 12 games but all the signs at Hillsborough are so much better than previous couple of seasons (even counting the points deduction). Will gladly eat my hat if we stay up. Really hope we do.

 

C'mon Wednesday!

Well I hope your hat is a Sombrero,We're staying up.

Strap yourself in,We're going to surprise you this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a bit of luck this season.

 

If we can keep the injuries down then we will be comfortably mid table, our first 11 is easily 12 points stronger than 7 or 8 teams.

 

Iorfa, Bannan, Brown and Windass are crucial to our success.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

12 GAMES???

How come 12 games?

 

It's a decent amount to get a gauge of how we've been playing and to apply consistency to that view as it's less of a snapshot. You know, considered view and all that. Appreciate that's a rarity here, but there you go.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...