SWFC Manager appeals to all fans of the club

We have had a good start, there is a positivity not seen in the team for a long time. That can only be a good thing. Let's hope there is some consistancy. That's what we have needed for a long time. Team spirit and consistancy.

My fear is what happens if we start losing a few games. Will all that positivity disappear, not only from the fans, but also on the pitch.

Anyhow, as always

UTO !!!

......and you think I over react lol

From what I read the panel made the league postpone the points deduction to this season because they took too long and with the delayed end of season and players leaving it would not have been fair to do this and relegate us that way. That's what I read it was. In which case had we had more point s by the end they may have imposed it last season.... Like Wigan's. 

Funny how after a few wins people can completely forget until a loss. I believe I am being consistent at least. 

Also just be be clear I never NEVER said I expect get in to the premiership this year. I SAID.... get this season over (meaning survival) then begin working on getting promotion.... Is that to simple to understand....

monk should keep his trap shut and get on with the job in hand .......those that support will back him those that dont wont no matter what he says .....he's got one job this season and thats to keep us up not rally the fans who  dont want him here .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

monk should keep his trap shut and get on with the job in hand .......those that support will back him those that dont wont no matter what he says .....he's got one job this season and thats to keep us up not rally the fans who  dont want him here .

I'd rather have Garry Monk at our club than fans who don't want him here after he's appealed for unity ahead of a tough season

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I'd rather have Garry Monk at our club than fans who don't want him here after he's appealed for unity ahead of a tough season

he's wasting his breath asking for unity from the fans ..but thats not important all he's got to do his get from the players . ....lets hope he does 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

he's wasting his breath asking for unity from the fans ..but thats not important all he's got to do his get from the players . ....lets hope he does 

I think we've seen what the fans are like when we've won three games on the bounce, three clean sheets, three away wins, got Jordan Rhodes and Windass scoring for fun, Liam Palmer delivering killer balls in, Van Aken defending brilliantly, the young players coming through and impressing, and some of our fans sit scowling with arms folded just refusing to offer him any praise or consider his call for unity.

Says it all that

Says that some of our fans would rather feel all self important about themselves than actually acknowledge the improvements and support the team

Owlstalk Shop

8 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The buck stops with the players and manager that lost the play- off final to Hull.

DC did all he could to put them in that position, and they f***ed it up with that abject performance. If we’d won that game, none of what followed, would have happened, so why does DC get all the flack? The vitriol should be aimed at the wa**kers who really caused this situation.

Don't forget the fans

We are just as guilty

:Chansiri:

After a few years of being "read only" on this site, I was driven to subscribe to try and balance the views from the "doomygloomies" who were dominating on here.

While awaiting the completion of the security checks by OT the mood has changed considerably; isn't it surprising what a couple of good results and clean sheets can do??

The disaster merchants of pre-season who didn't think we could reach 60 odd points in the season to reach safety were, in my opinion, wrong.  What fan goes into a new season thinking their team cannot reach the heady heights of at least mid-table?

The manager has a lot of experience for his age and, now that he has his own team of support staff, I see a confident approach and attitude, speaking more clearly (although still repeating most things at least twice!) but clearly concentrating on the positives.  The new coaching staff also communicate well and this appears to be proven by the players' attitude in training and match play.  I hope we supporters can match their attitude throughout the season, resulting in a satisfying outcome for all.  I am really looking forward to it!  So cheer up and cheer 'em on (if only from a distance!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

When did a highly paid Manager likely to be here a couple of years at best, become more important than the fans and lifeblood of the club ?

I'm in shock.

supporters are the life blood of the club ........fans not so much , i'm a fan of steely dan but never been to see em 

To be clear I was talking of people supporting the team as if nothing has been going wrong after a few wins BUT then when the team loses then hammering them. That isn't 'common sense' or 'supporting the team'. If Monk does transfor us I will give him credit. I never said anything negativie about Bruce when he was our manager because he did a good job and you could see where he was going with the improvement of the team. He left for his home town club which hurt but I could understand it. Most of the football last year was awful even in the first half of the season, I could see no promise in Monk. Then the second half happened..... I look at the bigger picture not a few games. I also said I want him to prove me wrong. I'd love us to win games and play football worth paying to see. Keeping us up is the priority this year over style but wasn't last season .... Well until it went from bad to worse.

To be really clear on one thing. I have nothing against Monk as a person. I know some well most of my views of his work he will hate.

If he knew off me he probably would have my guts.... Football is brutal and the last few decades have been horrible for us. That takes its toll and burns through the ability to keep getting let down. Remember those slagging me off I've paid lots of money over many many years to wednesday as have most on here with many failed promises along the way.... Years with teams of entirely loan players who didn't know how to pass to each other. I think I'm entitled to get annoyed frustrated and demand more. I haven't waited to jump on Monk when we lose I've been honest right now. You may not agree with me but thinking it's right to try humiliate someone because you strongly disagree surely is not very clever.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Not a fan of his at all but I agree with what he's saying.   

We need to prove that WAWAW

Some of our own fans appear to want things to turn to sh.e1te just so they can wave their anti-club agendas about.

Its about time we circled the wagons and stuck up for our club, that's what supporters do innit?

That's what we used to do back in the bad old days of 40-50 years ago. Can't believe we have to ask our supporters to support us in these supposedly more intelligent times

4 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

To be clear I was talking of people supporting the team as if nothing has been going wrong after a few wins BUT then when the team loses then hammering them. That isn't 'common sense' or 'supporting the team'. If Monk does transfor us I will give him credit. I never said anything negativie about Bruce when he was our manager because he did a good job and you could see where he was going with the improvement of the team. He left for his home town club which hurt but I could understand it. Most of the football last year was awful even in the first half of the season, I could see no promise in Monk. Then the second half happened..... I look at the bigger picture not a few games. I also said I want him to prove me wrong. I'd love us to win games and play football worth paying to see. Keeping us up is the priority this year over style but wasn't last season .... Well until it went from bad to worse.

To be really clear on one thing. I have nothing against Monk as a person. I know some well most of my views of his work he will hate.

If he knew off me he probably would have my guts.... Football is brutal and the last few decades have been horrible for us. That takes its toll and burns through the ability to keep getting let down. Remember those slagging me off I've paid lots of money over many many years to wednesday as have most on here with many failed promises along the way.... Years with teams of entirely loan players who didn't know how to pass to each other. I think I'm entitled to get annoyed frustrated and demand more. I haven't waited to jump on Monk when we lose I've been honest right now. You may not agree with me but thinking it's right to try humiliate someone because you strongly disagree surely is not very clever.  

Don't try to guilt trip me into your way of thinking

etc

Owlstalk Shop