SWFC Manager appeals to all fans of the club

Guest Therealrealist
23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Hutch"  "Westy" "Nando"

Got to agree..its a breath of fresh air not havin this lot involved..'hutch'  'westy'  'nando'  'bully'

Just now, Quist said:

They prevented club being sold and basically had no idea on business. When we were eventually sold the hey day of getting a club by spending cash to get into Premiership had gone

Allen was not sensible Chairman he was also responsible but Wednedayite made it worse.

Oh dear.... 

STILL people believe this nonsense

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

56 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

This is a myth..nobody wants us to get relegated just to 'admit they wer right' or to get rid of monk...its horseshizen of the highest order

It is my opinion thats all,

Ive been in the company and earshot of many a fan in the pubs home and away over the last twenty years or so that have said at times "I hope we lose so he gets the sack" so why wouldnt people think the same about relegation to get rid of the manager or even the owner 

But like i said its only an opinion 

26 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

The buck stops with the players and manager that lost the play- off final to Hull.

DC did all he could to put them in that position, and they f***ed it up with that abject performance. If we’d won that game, none of what followed, would have happened, so why does DC get all the flack? The vitriol should be aimed at the wa**kers who really caused this situation.

“ the ********” who got us to the play off final are the problem?

Thats got to be one of the maddest things I’ve ever read on here!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quist said:

They prevented club being sold and basically had no idea on business. When we were eventually sold the hey day of getting a club by spending cash to get into Premiership had gone.

Allen was not sensible Chairman he was also responsible but Wednedayite made it worse.

What nonsense...they refused to give Allen their votes because he was a cretin, and I do not use the word loosely, and sued our own fans. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No they don't

For instance yesterday I posted a positive thread saying 'hey everyone! now we've won three games on  the bounce, kept three clean  sheets, got Rhodes and  Windass scoring etc - does that give you a little bit more confidence for the season ahead?' and got BLASTED by the Monk Haters for it.

But thats the state of every club, most people are behind the team regardless of there feelings towards Chairman or Managers. But there will always be some fans that just arent. That is football.

I myself cant stand Monk and would sack him now. But im behind the team and the players and am desperate for us to win and get these points back so its a level playing field.

Monkettes or MonkHaters have all got to be behind the 11 on a Saturday, and i believe in the main part they are. And he is right in our situation we need it more than most.

Edited by Dutch McLovin
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Quist said:

They prevented club being sold and basically had no idea on business. When we were eventually sold the hey day of getting a club by spending cash to get into Premiership had gone.

Looks like someone couldn't be bothered to read beyond the headlines from club approved sources only.

I'd like it if you could explain how a 10% shareholding prevented anything from happening, especially as Wednesdayite proved they were willing to sell it on multiple occasions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Looks like someone couldn't be bothered to read beyond the headlines from club approved sources only.

I'd like it if you could explain how a 10% shareholding prevented anything from happening, especially as Wednesdayite proved they were willing to sell it on multiple occasions. 

I'm staggered people STILL don't have the facts or education on this one and STILL trot out the propaganda used at the time against Wednesdayite

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

31 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Let it go man, it's gone, in the past!

Right now we NEED DC, if he walks, and I wouldnt blame if he did with the downright abuse he and his family have had from some of thick as f.ook empty heads, were screwed, who's gonna fund wages, keep non-playing staff in jobs?   Unless you can sell a few time machines, who's gonna take a footy club on in these climes?

I cannot understand why our fans won't give DC the chance to prove he's learnt from mistakes and put things right, it's bizarre.

Actions speak louder than words. He needs to crack on, stop his grubby fiddles, and put the club in a better position than it was when he took over. It's in a worse one at the moment.

Fix that, and he will become a legend. Continue failing, and Yorkshire folk have limited patience.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“The reality is, and everyone should realise this, that the ramifications of relegation from the Championship are huge on the club, it’s people losing their livelihoods.

“We’ve seen it before at other big clubs, the club can change forever, so knowing that and having experience of that situation, is key, putting that across to players.

Not in a way that they’re fearful, but in a way that can galvanise them. That’s what we’ve tried to do.

“It’s a big, big season and that’s why we talk about needing the fans. I know they’re not in the stadium right now but we need them right behind everything.

“Even when it gets tough and there are some bad results in there or bad performances or whatever it might be, we need calm in that support.”

“It’s the bigger picture. We need to look after that and fight for that and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

So basically

Keep Calm and Support Wednesday

Seems fair enough to me

This thread is a complete fiasco.

To be clear, the only way that the supporters can directly give feedback (or 'get behind the lads' that is guaranteed to be heard by the team and manager is by going to the stadium , and either cheering or booing.  That is currently not allowed.  So, the other places where feedback is given:

1.  Social media.  Full of twisted lunatics who will abuse players even if we win 10 -0 every game.  So just dont log onto it

2.  Owlstalk -ditto.

3.  Being out in public.  Almost always , even if we are getting battered every game, they are treated like heroes.

So  - in summary - Monk simply needs to tell the players to not log onto Owlstalk or social media and this whole thing is a complete non issue.  In fact, even if social media and this website is dripping in vile abuse, Monk can say everyone thinks you are wonderful and they wont know any different.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

This thread is a complete fiasco.

To be clear, the only way that the supporters can directly give feedback (or 'get behind the lads' that is guaranteed to be heard by the team and manager is by going to the stadium , and either cheering or booing.  That is currently not allowed.  So, the other places where feedback is given:

1.  Social media.  Full of twisted lunatics who will abuse players even if we win 10 -0 every game.  So just dont log onto it

2.  Owlstalk -ditto.

3.  Being out in public.  Almost always , even if we are getting battered every game, they are treated like heroes.

So  - in summary - Monk simply needs to tell the players to not log onto Owlstalk or social media and this whole thing is a complete non issue.  In fact, even if social media and this website is dripping in vile abuse, Monk can say everyone thinks you are wonderful and they wont know any different.

Social Media is part of the overall tactic this season to open the club up to fans more than ever before to create a connect with fans

Not saying that nutjobs on Twitter won't do their usual horrific nonsense, but just saying that the club, and the players are going to be on twitter a LOT more this season

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Social Media is part of the overall tactic this season to open the club up to fans more than ever before to create a connect with fans

Not saying that nutjobs on Twitter won't do their usual horrific nonsense, but just saying that the club, and the players are going to be on twitter a LOT more this season

Get ghost tweeters to do it.  Not hard.  Just pay a kid minimum wage to log in and tweet ' great win today-  baz, lov u, rhodesy you leg!! ' etc 

50 minutes ago, Plonk said:

“ the ********” who got us to the play off final are the problem?

Thats got to be one of the maddest things I’ve ever read on here!

They absolutely were. I’d even go as far as to say they threw it, because they realised they couldn’t cut it in the Premier League, and would be out of a job. A very cushy job. How else do you explain that performance in the final?

1 minute ago, Dizzys Dad said:

They absolutely were. I’d even go as far as to say they threw it, because they realised they couldn’t cut it in the Premier League, and would be out of a job. A very cushy job. How else do you explain that performance in the final?

2 words. Clueless Carlos.

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Is there anything these days that isn't the result of a Machiavellian conspiracy?

My guess... and forgive me here because it's really out there... is that the final was the beginning of Cautious Carvalhal and we didn't play very well and only lost to a spectacular strike that the goalkeeper had no chance with.