SWFC Manager appeals to all fans of the club

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They have rage in their hearts instead of peace, love and a willingness for Monk/SWFC to do well

Maybe they need to turn to Jesus or something or go out for a long walk

Bit of outdoors time in nature always puts life into perspective.

Especially important in the current climate.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm not sure weather it's a change in the squad, or getting some coaches in around him he trusts to lift some of the weight and workload, or becouse the court case is done with for now at least, but to me Monk seems different now to what we heard and saw last year.

Last year he tended to sound a bit laboured downtrodden and lacking in enthusiasm quite often for me. 

This year so far he's sounded far more upbeat and positive when he's been quoted. I totally agree with him I'm a realist I know we've some youngsters in the sqaud we're going to have to use becouse of a lack of numbers, injuries to key players wil hamper results and some times you just don't get the luck. 

32 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

When you finish making your time machine, you could go back and change history, mistakes have been which are being rectified.

Sep 18th 2047:. S36 OWL posted..."this Champions League title to add to the Premier League is a hollow success for me, if Chansiri had run things corr.......etc etc etc repeat to fade...yaaaaawn"

You don't need a time machine to keep your spending within the limit set out by the EFL. Chansiri breached that limit, more than once, hence the points deduction. The buck stops at his door. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You don't need a time machine to keep your spending within the limit set out by the EFL. Chansiri breached that limit, more than once, hence the points deduction. The buck stops at his door. 

Technically, you need a time machine to fiddle with the year befores accounts safely.

Just saying.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I'm not sure weather it's a change in the squad, or getting some coaches in around him he trusts to lift some of the weight and workload, or becouse the court case is done with for now at least, but to me Monk seems different now to what we heard and saw last year.

Last year he tended to sound a bit laboured downtrodden and lacking in enthusiasm quite often for me. 

This year so far he's sounded far more upbeat and positive when he's been quoted. I totally agree with him I'm a realist I know we've some youngsters in the sqaud we're going to have to use becouse of a lack of numbers, injuries to key players wil hamper results and some times you just don't get the luck. 

It was probably really difficult for him last year.

Imagine going into a job where the nature of it is you have your people around you who you need to trust. He had to come in on his own, supposedly a few big characters who are hard to deal with on the playing side. Non of his own staff, he missed the transfer window when he arrived with no pre-season, court case hanging over our head and he's probably moved away from family and living in a hotel for a bit at the start.

Now all of sudden, he's got his guys around him, happier with the squad, maybe he's moved closer, family settled etc. No wonder he seems happier.

Fair play to him.

Last season was crap, we stayed up, job done. Press the reset button, new season. Let's have it! wawaw

I'm an optimist/happy clapper though so someone will come along and tell me how rubbish we were in the 2nd half of the season.

I've been given second chances in life though as i've not get everything right first time so as a fan, i'm happy to do the same.

• Like 8

I think most supporters are behind Monk, his staff and the team whether or not they felt he should have been sacked. I suspect there are very few who actively hope he fails. It seems to me that for him to be judged a success, he needs to improve on last seasons points total by at least five points, which should ensure safety. He will truly be rated as a top manager if he actually goes further than that and gets us in the play offs, regardless of the deduction. Whilst we should all be pleased to simply avoid relegation, which would be an abject failure, it would be great if this transformation which some supporters are talking about after one league game, sees us avoid relegation comfortably. I would be delighted with that. 

Guest Therealrealist
58 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Some people would rather be proved right than want things to get better and have to admit they were wrong 

This is a myth..nobody wants us to get relegated just to 'admit they wer right' or to get rid of monk...its horseshizen of the highest order

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

The buck stops with the players and manager that lost the play- off final to Hull.

DC did all he could to put them in that position, and they f***ed it up with that abject performance. If we’d won that game, none of what followed, would have happened, so why does DC get all the flack? The vitriol should be aimed at the wa**kers who really caused this situation.

• Haha 2

Just now, Dizzys Dad said:

The buck stops with the players and manager that lost the play- off final to Hull.

DC did all he could to put them in that position, and they f***ed it up with that abject performance. If we’d won that game, none of what followed, would have happened, so why does DC get all the flack? The vitriol should be aimed at the wa**kers who really caused this situation.

"Hutch"  "Westy" "Nando"

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Devonstrix said:

I think most supporters are behind Monk, his staff and the team whether or not they felt he should have been sacked. I suspect there are very few who actively hope he fails. It seems to me that for him to be judged a success, he needs to improve on last seasons points total by at least five points, which should ensure safety. He will truly be rated as a top manager if he actually goes further than that and gets us in the play offs, regardless of the deduction. Whilst we should all be pleased to simply avoid relegation, which would be an abject failure, it would be great if this transformation which some supporters are talking about after one league game, sees us avoid relegation comfortably. I would be delighted with that. 

Agree with most of this

Edited by full fathom five

I am not quite sure what is wrong with section of Owlsfanbase.

Things have not been good and mistakes have been made.

Monk took over and got none of his team with him. Alot of managers would not come in those circumstances. 

Clearly something was wrong at club and this probably stemmed from disgruntled players who had unsettling effect. Also I suspect coaching was not in harmony either.

If anyone is a Wednesday fan they can not be anything other than pleased with the start to the season.

If they still have nothing positive to say but want to gripe out behind the scenes going on you have to ask why?

*Were they part of Wednesdayite fiasco which nearly led to demise of club and still sore from that episode.

*Are they fans of other clubs who just want to stir up trouble at the club.

*Is being a misery part of their existence and unless they moan and groan they are frightened their life will not be worth living.

*Have genuine worries about the health of some as it can not be good to be indark place you live.

Those having a go against Monk.

*It is only this season he has his team in place.

*Due to CC buying fiasco he has been left in most difficult situation any manager has ever faced at this club

*He has had to rebuild a team in adverse circumstances

*If he was dismissed just who do you think would take on the challenge?

*His demeanour and comments this seasoneven prior to first game have been sensible and sound.

*The statement at start of this article basically saying the club needs its fans and we need for you to all get behind us. They are wise words and no true Wednesday fan could find fault with them

I support a manager until I consider he has outstayed his usefulness and no loner in best interests to retain him. End of last season wastrying for us all but in view of circumstances did not think a change was right at the time. In first few games many of those concerns have gone and think it is about time to wipe state clean with  Monk and the team and give them a clean state . If we fall from the standards we have set infirst few games criticism will be appropriate but it has to be tempered into how we are doing in the season as a whole.

The last 18 months has been extremely difficult for me personally and the fortunes of Wednesday have not helped in you look to hobbies interests to give you a lift. It would be lovely to come onto the site and see good informed debate about football and the club. Good humour and passion in equal measure, credit where it is due and criticism where appropriate. Unfortunately their are those whose glass is always half empty, the failed comedians, and the failed teachers who ruin debate and enjoyment of the site. The number of fans who avoid the site for these reasons are substantial. 

I do not always agree with Owlstalk but he is absolutely right on this one.

• Like 1

I don't get the strength of feeling for or against Monk. He's not a great mamager and he's not rubbish either. In reality he's just a journeyman earning a crust as our manager.

I really don't care if he stays or goes. If he does well that's great, I want that to happen. On the other hand now he's got his own coaches in and had a chance to bring in a few players he will get the boot if he doesn't pick up points steadily.

I support him as he is our manager, if we get another manager I will support him in the same way.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

I am not quite sure what is wrong with section of Owlsfanbase.

Things have not been good and mistakes have been made.

Monk took over and got none of his team with him. Alot of managers would not come in those circumstances. 

Clearly something was wrong at club and this probably stemmed from disgruntled players who had unsettling effect. Also I suspect coaching was not in harmony either.

If anyone is a Wednesday fan they can not be anything other than pleased with the start to the season.

If they still have nothing positive to say but want to gripe out behind the scenes going on you have to ask why?

*Were they part of Wednesdayite fiasco which nearly led to demise of club and still sore from that episode.

*Are they fans of other clubs who just want to stir up trouble at the club.

*Is being a misery part of their existence and unless they moan and groan they are frightened their life will not be worth living.

*Have genuine worries about the health of some as it can not be good to be indark place you live.

Those having a go against Monk.

*It is only this season he has his team in place.

*Due to CC buying fiasco he has been left in most difficult situation any manager has ever faced at this club

*He has had to rebuild a team in adverse circumstances

*If he was dismissed just who do you think would take on the challenge?

*His demeanour and comments this seasoneven prior to first game have been sensible and sound.

*The statement at start of this article basically saying the club needs its fans and we need for you to all get behind us. They are wise words and no true Wednesday fan could find fault with them

I support a manager until I consider he has outstayed his usefulness and no loner in best interests to retain him. End of last season wastrying for us all but in view of circumstances did not think a change was right at the time. In first few games many of those concerns have gone and think it is about time to wipe state clean with  Monk and the team and give them a clean state . If we fall from the standards we have set infirst few games criticism will be appropriate but it has to be tempered into how we are doing in the season as a whole.

The last 18 months has been extremely difficult for me personally and the fortunes of Wednesday have not helped in you look to hobbies interests to give you a lift. It would be lovely to come onto the site and see good informed debate about football and the club. Good humour and passion in equal measure, credit where it is due and criticism where appropriate. Unfortunately their are those whose glass is always half empty, the failed comedians, and the failed teachers who ruin debate and enjoyment of the site. The number of fans who avoid the site for these reasons are substantial. 

I do not always agree with Owlstalk but he is absolutely right on this one.

*Were they part of Wednesdayite fiasco which nearly led to demise of club...go on I'm waiting to find out how Wednesdayite nearly led to the club's demise by not paying the clubs tax bill

1 minute ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

These past few weeks have been a breath of fresh air, going from the ageing, overpaid, on their way down players like those mentioned.  To the current young, hungry and fired up players.

A refreshing change and one that shows that there's a plan in place!

But hey, DC had a go and failed, so he can do one.........🥴 smashed logic!

Im with you on this one mate - time to push on now, drop any gripes, and make magic happen! 👍

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

*Were they part of Wednesdayite fiasco which nearly led to demise of club...go on I'm waiting to find out how Wednesdayite nearly led to the club's demise by not paying the clubs tax bill

They prevented club being sold and basically had no idea on business. When we were eventually sold the hey day of getting a club by spending cash to get into Premiership had gone.

Allen was not sensible Chairman he was also responsible but Wednedayite made it worse.

• Haha 1