SWFC Manager appeals to all fans of the club

Just now, A12owl said:

I am 100% behind the club and whoever represents it. It doesn't mean I can't have an opinion which may not be totally the same as other people. Opinions are what they are it doesn't mean they are negative or positive or somewhere in between. They are views expressed for others to consider and agree or disagree or take a neutral view. 

I know but saying Monk isn't real and Biggsy isn't to be trusted is a step too far.

I'm actually genuinely outraged.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Where is this quote from. I havn't seen it anywhere. 

It takes less than a second to google the first sentence and find the link https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/its-peoples-livelihoods-fans-must-help-sheffield-wednesday-avoid-unthinkable-says-garry-monk-2975722

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

As there has been no response from the OP it could be taken as a statement made up to gain GM some kudos. 

I still agree with the sentiment but if it's a made up PR stunt by someone then it's to be questioned 

Made up PR! Whatever next? Hanging offence surely?

34 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You didn't understand the question. 

I know who but where is it listed? Did you have a private conversation? 

32 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Who did he say it to? Who was the interviewer. All quotes are published somewhere these days. 

28 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Is this a quote made by the chairman of the Monk Appreciation Society. 

I agree with the sentiment 100%

Seens strange it appears a day after a Monk confidence poll appeared on here with a discussion regarding the wording. 

If Monk did truly say it then fine. If it's a fabrication by the MAS then we have to question the validity that it came from GM himself. 

Just saying like. 

25 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Something as significant as that statement must have been said to somebody in order for it to be quoted. Additionally whoever he was speaking to must have some contact with him and would more than likely posted it on madia somewhere. 

Did Neil have a private audience? 

17 minutes ago, A12owl said:

As there has been no response from the OP it could be taken as a statement made up to gain GM some kudos. 

I still agree with the sentiment but if it's a made up PR stunt by someone then it's to be questioned 

15 minutes ago, A12owl said:

In other words it's made up to gain kudos for GM. 

Ok now I'm getting genuinely concerned

I honestly think you're not very well currently mate

Maybe go see/talk to someone?

Owlstalk Shop

And that’s exactly why Monk should have been sacked months ago.

Anyway we are stuck with him now so yes we need to get behind the him and the team. Hope he can do as he confidently seems to claim he can do now he has his own team around him.

We all want a winning team and promotion, let’s hope Monk can deliver.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Not a fan of his at all but I agree with what he's saying.   

We need to prove that WAWAW

Some of our own fans appear to want things to turn to sh.e1te just so they can wave their anti-club agendas about.

Its about time we circled the wagons and stuck up for our club, that's what supporters do innit?

absolutely...fans still slating Rhodes last week despite scoring, baffling. New season, clean slate for all and to be honest I’ve been relatively impressed with the changes and progression this preseason.

back Monk, back the players........oh and book the Wembley digs as well, we will be there!! 

Edited by Wednesday_Jack
  • Like 1

I've come to the conclusion now that all these people still hating on Monk, still posting hate about Rhodes etc

They're not expressing an opinion

They're simply posting any old nonsense to try and get some attention for themselves

It's ok having an opinion - totally fine - but I honestly truly don't believe that this IS their opinion

I am now firmly of the belief that these people have stopped posting their actual opinion and have turned instead to simply trotting out things that they think will make them sound important/credible/edgy.

Sad to see really

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I've come to the conclusion now that all these people still hating on Monk, still posting hate about Rhodes etc

They're simply posting any old nonsense to try and get some attention for themselves

It's ok having an opinion - totally fine - but I honestly truly don't believe that this IS their opinion

I am now firmly of the belief that these people have stopped posting their actual opinion and have turned instead to simply trotting out things that they think will make them sound important/credible/edgy.

Sad to see really

So their opinion is if they post an opinion not strictly true, other peoples opinions will see them as important ?

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“Even when it gets tough and there are some bad results in there or bad performances or whatever it might be, we need calm in that support.” 

14 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

And that’s exactly why Monk should have been sacked months ago.

MINDBLOWING logic there ladies and gentlemen

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Therealrealist

He still hasnt blown smokeup our arses tho..come on monk just tell us we are a massiveclub..great fans  etc..until he does i wont be a fan of his

30 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Plenty of players and managers would beg to differ.

But Monk is right; channelled carefully, the points penalty can be a motivational tool for the squad. A few early positive results would be a big lift as well.

It's what Hughes did as he captained Leeds with a -21 point deficit

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Sad to see really

Some people would rather be proved right than want things to get better and have to admit they were wrong