SWFC Manager appeals to all fans of the club

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No money in it.

That's not actually true though is it, "monetization".

image.thumb.png.0582b9959c8ac3b0c0a920afb79530df.png

$1.5K - $24K

Estimated Yearly Earnings

Edited by Paul..
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

“The reality is, and everyone should realise this, that the ramifications of relegation from the Championship are huge on the club, it’s people losing their livelihoods.

“We’ve seen it before at other big clubs, the club can change forever, so knowing that and having experience of that situation, is key, putting that across to players.

Not in a way that they’re fearful, but in a way that can galvanise them. That’s what we’ve tried to do.

“It’s a big, big season and that’s why we talk about needing the fans. I know they’re not in the stadium right now but we need them right behind everything.

“Even when it gets tough and there are some bad results in there or bad performances or whatever it might be, we need calm in that support.”

“It’s the bigger picture. We need to look after that and fight for that and that’s what we’re trying to do.”

Where is this quote from. I havn't seen it anywhere. 

Agree with the manager on this one. Out fan base, and I’m sure that of most other clubs can be borderline bi-polar at times.

This season is going to be tougher than any for years. What would have been a mid-table finish will see us survive by the skin of our teeth, yet there are some on here who genuinely believe (unless I missing a massive amount of irony) promotion is achievable. To finish 6th we’ll need a net points haul of circa 72, meaning actually getting 84, which is top 3 form.

It is going to be a long haul to get out of the bottom 3 and every defeat will seem to be magnified as it will drag us further in to a relegation fight, and we the fans need to realise this and have a sense of perspective and patience. Yes, we’ve won 3 games so far this season and kept 3 clean sheets but there is still a flip load to do if we are going to survive this season.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk mate

You didn't understand the question. 

I know who but where is it listed? Did you have a private conversation? 

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

He said it in words mate. Not sure if anyone wrote it down mate.

Who did he say it to? Who was the interviewer. All quotes are published somewhere these days. 

Is this a quote made by the chairman of the Monk Appreciation Society. 

I agree with the sentiment 100%

Seens strange it appears a day after a Monk confidence poll appeared on here with a discussion regarding the wording. 

If Monk did truly say it then fine. If it's a fabrication by the MAS then we have to question the validity that it came from GM himself. 

Just saying like. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

From his mouth mate. Like live words mate to the people.

Something as significant as that statement must have been said to somebody in order for it to be quoted. Additionally whoever he was speaking to must have some contact with him and would more than likely posted it on madia somewhere. 

Did Neil have a private audience? 

4 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

There’s a Monk Appreciation Society!?

Does memberships to this affect my current membership with the Cult of Megson!? 

Some people are members. 

Some people aren't members

Some people don't know whether to be members or not. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Run the club better and relegation isn't an issue.

Stop blaming the fans.

Who's blaming the fans?

Do you always take the contrary view just to get noticed?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

From his mouth mate. Like live words mate to the people.

Who was there to make a note? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Spookone said:

It’s quite bizarre isn’t it that people’s minds work in this way, I know one “fan” who will actually admit he wants to us to go down so he can be proved right about Monk.

Crazy!

Sad, really is, they should realise that supporting a football club just ain't for them.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Run the club better and relegation isn't an issue.

Stop blaming the fans.

Spot on mate. If Chansiri had run things correctly we wouldn't be in this mess. Only one person to blame here. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As there has been no response from the OP it could be taken as a statement made up to gain GM some kudos. 

I still agree with the sentiment but if it's a made up PR stunt by someone then it's to be questioned 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Several recognised note takers mate. A woman had a tape recorder also mate.

In other words it's made up to gain kudos for GM. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Every single one of us will get behind any Wednesday XI that gives their all

Plenty of players and managers would beg to differ.

But Monk is right; channelled carefully, the points penalty can be a motivational tool for the squad. A few early positive results would be a big lift as well.

• Like 3