Fastest and Slowest ever Wednesday players?

For me it would be a throw up between Des & Warhurst for the pace race. Would of been interesting to see these two in say a 30-40 yard sprint during their pomp. 

Slowest - well a throw up between Andy Booth & Nuhiu. When we first signed Booth one of my old teachers (rip - fantastic bloke to boot) was a Huddersfield season ticket holder & he said to me 'he'll work his guts out decent in the air, but slow'. My uncle named him the wheely bin after a few games and even now it pops up in conversation. He also christened Nuhiu an 'Oil Tanker'. 

16 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

I once took a non Wednesday mate to a game. Think it was midweek against Wimbledon. I got a free ticket with my season ticket. Booth got out through and the defense just swallowed him up, my mate turns to me and asked if Booth was running backwards. 

How could I ever forget Andy Booth ( I wish I could) for the slowest player. Without doubt the slowest forward I’ve seen play at Wednesday, no one comes close. One of the most offensive things I’ve seen was that book that came out whereby it gave stats on every Wednesday season upto about 2010 I think? It was a very well researched and well written book, the only downside was the inclusion of Andy Booth as one of Wednesdays greatest 125 players ???? I mean really. Bar one decent first season, Booth was abysmal in my opinion, but he tried hard so some Wednesday fans will love him. He also had the worst chant by our fans ever. 😡

Regarding Andy Booth. Does anybody remember that horrendous sitter he missed. I think it was against Stoke in the league cup and it was one of the worst misses I’ve ever seen. There was a fan behind the goal with his head in his hands at what he had just witnessed. Somebody must have the video of it?

Edited by sexpistol