Fastest and Slowest ever Wednesday players?

Okay, seeing as Iorfa and Harris started this - who are the fastest and slowest players we've ever had?

When Mark Richardson used to play for New Zealand cricket at the end of each series he would don an all-in-one lyrca suit and race the opposition's slowest player over 100m. So who would be donning the lycra suit?

I'm going to nominate Des Walker for fastest and Barry Horne for slowest. I remember Horne somehow being put through on goal in one game and the ground just seemed to eat him up he was moving so slowly.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I'm going to nominate Des Walker for fastest and Barry Horne for slowest. I remember Horne somehow being put through on goal in one game and the ground just seemed to eat him up he was moving so slowly.

Almost sure that Barry Horne at 40 was quicker than Guy Branston when he was with us.

Btw.  Wasn't Nathan Modest asked to quit football and switch to athletics as he was lightning quick ?!

Edited by malek
  • Like 1

Warhurst and Walker could both shift.

There have been honourable mentions for Branston, Horne and Sedgewick but the slowest has to be...

...Ronnie Wallwork.

Turned slower than milk and outran by a morbidly obese tortoise. He was Pinteresque (for you culture vultures.)

• Thanks 1

Nuhiu is a shoe in for slowest.

Although Bothroyd could give him a test.....he might even have been the fastest but given that he had all on to put one foot in front of the other we’ll never know which end of the scale he was at

If it was a race from the centre circle to the corner flag then no doubt McPhail would she the slowest....as Jones said.....it’s too far for him to go (running or walking)