Should Sheffield Wednesday pay £3Million for Jacob Murphy?

Should Sheffield Wednesday pay £3Million for Jacob Murphy?  

361 members have voted

1. 1. Should Sheffield Wednesday pay £3Million for Jacob Murphy?

• YES
    • NO

24 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Could fit as a RWB or a striker alongside Windass. His finishing near the end of last season was excellent and now we play a much faster attacking game. Definite yes from me.

In my opinion trying to fit square pegs in round holes has been one of our problems recently so why pay £3m for what is ostensibly a RM / RW only to try and convert him into a RWB or a striker. Makes more sense to stick with Palmer or Moses or Harris who are all better RWB than Murphy and spend £3m on a natural striker. 

Yes, we've spent hardly anything on fees in the last few years, since  the days of spending big on Abdi, Rhodes etc....

Murphy for £3m is a no brainer for me, first team starter and we saw his impact at the end of last season. That said, the bigger hurdle is wages and I think that's where any potential deal falls down. 

We have spent no real money for two years. Ground has been sold and with penalty all debts will have been neutralised by FFP. Hence can lose £39 million over next 3 years.

We have got rid of alot of rediculous wages and noww buying on more sensible way players who can be resold.

Covid means all teams will be losing money hand over fist. Hence rejig of rules will be possible.

Wednesday have huge fan base lots of whom live outside of Sheffield. Therefore with no fans at games number paying £10 to watch games will be much higher than many clubs. If we play well could be big winner for Wednesday with thousands regularly dialing in. Normally we get no income from away games so this will be significant boost to our funds.

Anybody any idea how many Wednesday fans dialled in to watch Cardiff game? 

Point is we are probably in a better positionto sign players.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

If we're sticking with 352, and it looks like we are - no.

Good attacking player who can do a decent job at RWB but we have options there already. I'd rather we spent the money, if we have it, on a striker.

Could you please clarify whether we have just the 2 options? Or is there a 3rd option?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Quist said:

Ground has been sold and with penalty all debts will have been neutralised by FFP. Hence can lose £39 million over next 3 years.

Is that true ?

Not disputing it because I don't know, but it's the first I've heard that we start the 3 year period from scratch.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

That begs the question why Newcastle are struggling to get rid of him then. 

I'd be very surprised if we could afford the initial fee, never mind the salary that goes with it.

Never said we could afford it. £3m is cheap, I’m sure he’s in talks with potential options. Probably end up at Rangers.