Matt Penney, Liam Shaw, Alex Hunt

malek

I've been watching that spurs documentary on prime. The young lad they had breakthrough was offered a 5 year deal at the end of that season. I know we are in a different league on and off the pitch to them but that sort of length of contract is what I think we should certainly be offering Penney. He has a breakthrough 6months plus a year abroad already to his name. It also signals to other youth players that if you do do it then the rewards are there. We also over the course of that contract get a player for less. 

Hunt I'd offer 3 years, same with Shaw. If they don't cut it this year then they can drop a league and put themselves in the shop window still allowing for 1 year remaining on the contract to either sell or make our first team. 

2 years isn't enough for me. Doesn't have a long term strategy to it. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ashamanic said:

Sure, extend them especially if playing. It seems unlikely that after 1 or 2 academy players over the past decade being championship quality, there would suddenly be half a dozen, but not impossible.

Chansiri has spent a lot of money on the academy over the last 5 years. Perhaps we are finally starting to reap the rewards?

It was never going to happen overnight as it takes time to build and develop but hopefully we will start to see a few more coming through over the next few years.