Low crosses into the box

I've noticed that we're doing this quite regularly now, so presume it's a tactic being coached. Windass seems to be deadly at deflecting them accurately towards the goal, which is something I noticed from his Rangers days. Rhodes also, has that knack of being in the right spot at the right time so could suit him as well. Reach though, seems to feel more confident taking a touch, which makes him less effective. Given all the looping, ineffective and often inaccurate service from last season, this is quite refreshing and more exciting to watch. The opposing defenders have little time to react and any height advantage is negated. I definitely think we'll get more chances by mixing it up and being less predictable this season. I suspect Beattie is behind this new varied approach.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Owl Stork said:

I've noticed that we're doing this quite regularly now, so presume it's a tactic being coached. Windass seems to be deadly at deflecting them accurately towards the goal, which is something I noticed from his Rangers days. Rhodes also, has that knack of being in the right spot at the right time so could suit him as well. Reach though, seems to feel more confident taking a touch, which makes him less effective. Given all the looping, ineffective and often inaccurate service from last season, this is quite refreshing and more exciting to watch. The opposing defenders have little time to react and any height advantage is negated. I definitely think we'll get more chances by mixing it up and being less predictable this season. I suspect Beattie is behind this new varied approach.

Just wait until we sign Zohore😏

• Haha 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
51 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

I’ve read using less touches is one of the things James Beattie works on in training...

It’s as well he was at Rangers rather than Celtic then. I hear coaches encourage touching at Parkhead... :ph34r: