IMO it would be better were it to be the decond choice i.e. the Official Away kit., though why we cannot play in the \b7W stripes unless there is a major clash of colours, I don't know

should yelloooooooooow like it used to be, not ruddy green or that god awful grey thing that makes me think the colours gone funny on me telly......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Both our other kits clashed with Rochdale's so I guess it was a one off.

Not sure it can officially be a one off though and has to go through some sort of EFL registration I think?

Buxtongent,  all right surry-mon. It's something to do with a commitment to the fans that the EFL stipulate. Basically if we shell out a oner for a Grey shirt the EFL expects the team to use it X number of times per season, to represent VFM. It all came from some one a few seasons back having 4 shirts as standard and parents playing hape

about the cost.

Edited by Prutton Away
  • Thanks 1

If the EFL want us to pay for extra shirts, why dodn't gthey stick up more of the cash they're wallowing.

There's no reason, and we do it anywa on home shirts, of wearimg EFL insignia.

The reason for the second, and third shirts is for one reason only -MONEY.

It's a well known fact that it's aimed at the kids who then put pressure on the parents to buy more.

Incidentally, I know this is the Caribou Cup or something, but its still the old League Cup. I believe this was a 'European Sop' to keep interest in the matches mid season, and the old, original Football Association Cup specified that, if a clash of colours should occur BOTH sides should change.   

Actually liked the kit far preferable to grey.

Think when crowds are back players will blend into crowd in that grey kit. Remmeber man Utd having grey kiytit lasted one match under Fergie. For the reason found it difficult seeing colleagues.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lythamowl said:

should yelloooooooooow like it used to be, not ruddy green or that god awful grey thing that makes me think the colours gone funny on me telly......

Not keen on either of the green or grey to be honest. 

Not the easiest of colours to spot and pick out a team mate at a quick glance. 

They did a study a few years ago on what colours were  best for catching the eye, red was top I think yellow was second, so for me please DC reinstate a yellow away kit next year lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Actually liked the kit far preferable to grey.

Think when crowds are back players will blend into crowd in that grey kit. Remmeber man Utd having grey kiytit lasted one match under Fergie. For the reason found it difficult seeing colleagues.

You actually believe that?

:laugh:

Liverpool had a grey away kit for four years in the late 1980s. It affected their performances so much they won the title twice, were runners-up twice, won the FA Cup once and lost in the final once.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

If blue and white is our home colours. Put away colours should be white and blue.

That way there’s never a clash. 

Didn't we have problems way back when Shrewsbury have used blue and yellow stripes?

3 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but presumably now it’s officially our 3rd kit this season?

At 30 quid currently means it is a bit of a bargain.

To me it looks better than the boring grey 2nd kit.

For those of a particular age and tradition in the Hells Angels mode an original kit should be thus...

Shat, Urinated and vomited on, upon it's first airing and from thence only cleaned in a rudimentary fashion utilising soda and various body fluids. Then and only then can the kit be considered Original !

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Didn't we have problems way back when Shrewsbury have used blue and yellow stripes?

That's correct, I think we played in all white, we did same at Wimbledon in 79-80 season. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

You actually believe that?

:laugh:

Liverpool had a grey away kit for four years in the late 1980s. It affected their performances so much they won the title twice, were runners-up twice, won the FA Cup once and lost in the final once.

Plus the two promotions we have had in grey . Don't know why the whining scotsmans excuse for not winning still carries on . If they wore pink he would have said it was too bright as an excuse for Southampton turning them over . As soon as other clubs became as rich as man u and could match them he left . Most over rated manager ever . 

8 hours ago, cross owl said:

Plus the two promotions we have had in grey . Don't know why the whining scotsmans excuse for not winning still carries on . If they wore pink he would have said it was too bright as an excuse for Southampton turning them over . As soon as other clubs became as rich as man u and could match them he left . Most over rated manager ever . 

Except for Chelsea and Liverpool and arsenal (just in this country) who had as much money as he did, and the fact he was nearly 70 when he retired. 

Otherwise you make some great points.