Macclesfield Town

fudge27

Awful really. 

First Bury, now them. 

Sadly, I fear we are going to see quite a few more at this rate. 

I can't stress how important it is we weren't relegated to League One last season. The lack of fans, naff all tv income will have a devastating impact on that division and League One imo. 

• Like 1

Stockport, Bury, Macclesfield.

All clubs that had disappeared/almost disappeared from that part of the country.

I remember at the time Stockport almost going out of existance for around a month of Rooney's wages up the road in Manchester.

Yes, clubs need to live within their means but it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth when the top end teams in the next postcode are throwing millions around like cadburys heros.

38 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Clubs below the championship simply cannot survive without crowds/catering etc.  And still players are being paid hundreds of thousands a week. It's a sad state of affairs but football is dead as we knew it.

They’ll be Championship clubs sailing close to the wind financially over the next few months too IMO.

Think too many clubs have pushed things to the financial boundaries then this poo happens and they are exposed. Sure there’s many businesses in the same boat. But footballs different as so many suffer when his happens. Sad days but I think many will follow

4 hours ago, Liam_Baggies said:

and then every football club follows them given its TV companies propping up the pyramid..

then it reinvents itself with a sensible structure .......the football league ran for a 100 years before sky came on the scene and i'm sure it could again if sky went bust . 

• Like 2