Manuel Hidalgo

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Is the lad injured? As I thought with all the changes last night he would have been involved at some stage.

Would have been an ideal time to play him.

Is there anyone who can update on his progress as he has a reputation for being a skilful and clever player.

Didn't get a squad number. Can only assume they feel he isn't quite ready. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, modboy said:

Brennan mentioned in the interview last night about going out on loan. We need to get these young lads out and playing

That’s interesting, I thought possibly him or Hughes would be most likely for loan moves. Need to bring one or two more into the the U23s before we can loan players out We don’t have enough bodies in the squad

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure where he really fits into the system.

I think this is the long and short of it really.

Unless he can play wing-back or more centrally in a forward role, I suspect his chances are going to be limited. Same is probably true for Ben Hughes, although I do believe he's played in a defensive role a few times, at least.

32 minutes ago, cowl said:

I think this is the long and short of it really.

Unless he can play wing-back or more centrally in a forward role, I suspect his chances are going to be limited. Same is probably true for Ben Hughes, although I do believe he's played in a defensive role a few times, at least.

I think he’s a winger or a plays wide of a three. Doesn’t really suit the system we’re currently playing. 

Guest Smackavolley

Should be playing today for the U23's vs Wigan. I think he'll play central now Hunt and Shaw are involved with the 1st team.

He's no spring chicken by U23 standards, so it looks like he's got a lot to prove.

Doubt we'll even see a team sheet, never mind any updates. We can live in hope. :image: