Rhodes last night?

Rhodes needs rest between games. He is not cut out for high tempo stuff. 

He looked shattered when went off on Saturday. 

Kachunga work rate last night suggested he will probably start on Saturday if recovered from his exertions tonight.

The variety and quality of set pieces we have displayed in last couple of games I thinkit is likely we will create a lot of chances iin and around goal and suspect Rhodes will often be used as a sub in last 20 minutes. He will certainly get chances to score as our game is designed to wear down opposition teams and his fresh legs against tiring players will suit him best.

We're still stuck with him at the moment, he's clearly not the sort of striker monk wants when comparing to Kachunga & Windass, but with few other options we can use him when needed. 

I think monk will utilise Rhodes, but I'm inclined to believe that unless he gets a scoring streak back it will be off the bench in games and when their both up to speed start with Kachunga & Windass regularly. 

3 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Speaking with hindsight, last nights performance was right up his street. 

I’m sure he would have scored a few and given his confidence a massive lift.

Not criticising anyone, but there have been so many games, where we have created very little in front of goal, and when we set up chances, like we did last night, he’s not on the pitch. Sod’s law.

Hi Jordan 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Furious George said:

Are you required?

I mean there's lots of posts on here, some are poor, but none so poor as yours.

You wouldn't get a sniff with some of the top posts, and against Watford, we need contributers who are going to try and make this a better site.

Nothing personal. 

Funny but a tad harsh mate!

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Did you miss the Cardiff game? Rhodes wasn’t just in the right place at right time, wasn’t just winning free kicks that led to the goal, wasn’t just winning flicks on to runners but also rubbing his balls off as you put it. 

To be honest, I’d rather he didn’t run himself into the ground and focus on being in right place and fresh, but I guess that’s a call for Monk and Rhodes presses as much as any other striker at moment.

Not sure rubbing his balls off is a great idea in public, he'll have to sign a register if he gets caught!

• Haha 1