Team vs Watford

I wouldn’t underestimate Watford. Despite leaving their big names out, they’re still winning games. That said, I’d rather play them now than in a months time when they’ve recruited.

Palmer’s asked the question but I think Harris will get the nod as I think Monk sees him as an important player?

Penney and Van Aken should keep their places. The midfield 3 picks itself and Windass and Rhodes are the first choice front 2 at the minute.

23 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I see Watford refused to select any of their bigger names for that first game against Boro, and that may be the policy against us. Looking at who they left out, that team would walk this league, but I guess they are not part of the coaches plans going forward

Apparently it wasn’t a case of leaving out the bigger names rather them making themselves unavailable. Some a pushing for moves. Some already unhappy with new managers methods. Unrest behind scenes means it could be a good time to play them.  

2 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Apparently it wasn’t a case of leaving out the bigger names rather them making themselves unavailable. Some a pushing for moves. Some already unhappy with new managers methods. Unrest behind scenes means it could be a good time to play them.  

Weren’t some of them on international duty also ??

Agree with those who say stick with a winning team, and resting the Cardiff XI in midweek suggests Monk is going to do just that.

Long-term I would like to see Kachunga come in for Rhodes - but if Rhodes keeps scoring then he of course keeps the shirt. Also, with the amount of pressing and running the team are asking of Rhodes, I think he can only last 70 minutes at most - so Kachunga is a very handy guy to have coming off the bench taking on tired defences.