Team vs Watford

I see Watford refused to select any of their bigger names for that first game against Boro, and that may be the policy against us. Looking at who they left out, that team would walk this league, but I guess they are not part of the coaches plans going forward

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

I see Watford refused to select any of their bigger names for that first game against Boro, and that may be the policy against us. Looking at who they left out, that team would walk this league, but I guess they are not part of the coaches plans going forward

I noticed this , too only real players who played in the prem were foster and cleverley I think

I'd probably say keep the same team that beat Cardiff. 

Though I'm not really convinced/have faith in VanAkren especially against Watfords more mobile strike force which is a bit of a worry. 

Kachunga might not be quite up to speed /fitness yet, so continue with Windass and Rhodes up top, but would have preferred the more mobile and extra work rate of Kachunga. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I noticed this , too only real players who played in the prem were foster and cleverley I think

Some may be on massive wages with really gig bonuses. Even with the failure payments they may be having to cut spending this year as they don't have a massive fan base or are a really big draw for merchandise etc.. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Why would a 22 year old who’s played a 30 minute cameo followed by 90 minutes 7 days before the next game need resting

ffs, Monks looking more like pep with nearly every post on this thread

Cos I want to play Harris... "Resting" is all about PR in this instance.

5 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

Someone in another thread mentioned that Borner isn’t looking as good as last season - could struggle against watford if that’s the case. What about Van Aken, didn’t he do alright last week?

Borner was starting to worry me last season. Not sure if some of the coaching staff could look at the Norman Wisdom running style he seems to be perfecting by the week. 

50 minutes ago, Halifax Owls said:

Borner was starting to worry me last season. Not sure if some of the coaching staff could look at the Norman Wisdom running style he seems to be perfecting by the week. 

One for our younger fans there. 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Palmer's put a very strong claim in for the Watford game.

Penney will have to be on his toes from now on.. it's good that it's like this.

It is.

Though I hope it’s Palmer v Harris v Moses for RWB.

Penney v Reach for RWB, with Harris to nick that slot if they both blob. 

Palmer was excellent. Obviously, along with Moses he’s our best defensive WB, but I was really taken by his attacking ability last night. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

It is.

Though I hope it’s Palmer v Harris v Moses for RWB.

Penney v Reach for RWB, with Harris to nick that slot if they both blob. 

Palmer was excellent. Obviously, along with Moses he’s our best defensive WB, but I was really taken by his attacking ability last night. 

You've got more Right wingbacks there then what England have got.

lol

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe they don’t want to play players that are potentially out of the club before the window is closed, causing disruption to the team? 

id be dissapointed from a confidence point of view if it wasn’t the same team that did really well away to Cardiff, fitness permitting. 

penny JVA and Rhodes have all done fantastically well last week, I wouldn’t want their confidence knocking, especially so early on in the season. These could be valuable assets to us this season. 

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

Maybe they don’t want to play players that are potentially out of the club before the window is closed, causing disruption to the team? 

id be dissapointed from a confidence point of view if it wasn’t the same team that did really well away to Cardiff, fitness permitting. 

penny JVA and Rhodes have all done fantastically well last week, I wouldn’t want their confidence knocking, especially so early on in the season. These could be valuable assets to us this season. 

I’m sure that is the reason, yes