Team vs Watford

1 hour ago, MrEdwards said:

Dunno what Monk will do, he'll know how fresh everyone's legs are etc. 

Screenshot_20200916_062151_com.android.chrome.jpg

We’ve only 3 players on the books who could class as a striker. We need all three in decent form for obvious reasons.

One of them, Rhodes, without question has confidence issues. You’d drop him after scoring?

What do you think that would do to his confidence and our hopes of success?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Wildsmith

Iorfa 

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Luongo

Bannan

Izzy

Penney

Windass

Rhodes

subs:

Dawson

Dele

Reach

Kachunga

Hunt

Harris

Van Aken or Shaw

Someone in another thread mentioned that Borner isn’t looking as good as last season - could struggle against watford if that’s the case. What about Van Aken, didn’t he do alright last week?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BenitoCarbone said:

Wildsmith

Iorfa 

Lees

Borner

Palmer

Luongo

Bannan

Izzy

Penney

Windass

Rhodes

subs:

Dawson

Dele

Reach

Kachunga

Hunt

Harris

Van Aken or Shaw

So, despite keeping a clean sheet away to last years play off semi finalists you’d drop the keeper and a centre back.

Mind boggles

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Dawson

Iorfa

Lees

Börner

Palmer

Luongo

Brown

Bannan

Harris

Windass

Rhodes

Almost spot on but van Aken deserves to stay in in front of Borner.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 minutes ago, Ian said:

For?

I’m assuming he means for Penney. I’d be tempted to make the same change too but of course there is an argument for keeping the same eleven that beat Cardiff 

There’s no real convincing argument to change from the side that won at Cardiff. Palmer, Borner and Kachunga, all pushed their cases for a starting spot, and that’s what you want them to do, but those that won in Wales deserve another start. An important game this one, as so many times last season, we came off the back of a good away performance, only to flop at home. We still look better set up to gain points away from home, but that will have to change, if we hope to progress

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Id be tempted to play JVA and bench Borner and rest Penney and give Harris LWB role. 

Why would a 22 year old who’s played a 30 minute cameo followed by 90 minutes 7 days before the next game need resting

ffs, Monks looking more like pep with nearly every post on this thread

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ian said:

So, despite keeping a clean sheet away to last years play off semi finalists you’d drop the keeper and a centre back.

Mind boggles

Imho Wildsmith is a tad better on distribution and should play.

I also reckon Borner is first choice CB, and would've played at Cardiff.

Either way, close call. Which is good.

Could be wrong though.

• Haha 1

I think you stick with the team who played so well at Cardiff tbh. 

The good thing about last night, is quite a few of those who didn't start have made a strong case for them to come in should anyone have an off day. 

• Like 1

I'd also be happy to see the same team that played Cardiff. One thing we have to worry much less about this season is complacency, it feels like almost no spots are completely safe other than perhaps Bannan and Iorfa's. Everyone else has someone knocking at their door trying to take their spot.

I think it is really important we get at Watford on Saturday. Hillsborough became a real issue last season, we really didn't get at teams enough and it cost us. 

Personally, I believe this is quite a good time to be facing them. I'd rather be taking on a relegated PL side at the start of the season, as opposed to halfway through when they've got into their groove. 

Get at them from the off and put them under some pressure. Make it difficult for them. 

• Like 2

I’d stick with the same team that played Cardiff too,  not just because it played well and won, but as Monk said the players should still be in a “pre-season” so it’s good to give people more time to rest whilst we can. Before the championship games start coming every 3-4 days 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think it is really important we get at Watford on Saturday. Hillsborough became a real issue last season, we really didn't get at teams enough and it cost us. 

Personally, I believe this is quite a good time to be facing them. I'd rather be taking on a relegated PL side at the start of the season, as opposed to halfway through when they've got into their groove. 

Get at them from the off and put them under some pressure. Make it difficult for them. 

This