• Hunt
    • Deli-Bashiru
    • Kachunga
    • Reach
    • Odubajo
    • Windass
    • Iorfa
    • Grant

Wildsmith 7 - Didn't need his hands but very good with the ball at his feet tonight

Brennan 8 - Gets 8 because this was a first run out and he looked so comfortable...very difficult to look like this 1st time out

Shaw 8 - Looking like a class player, assured and didn't flap

Borner 7 - Steady Eddy as always

Palmer 8 - Looked good in his wing back role

Pelupessy 6 - Still looks a bit out of place and struggled to play a forward pass again.

Hunt 9 - he gets my MOM because he connected the dots, he worked so hard and in my view he's already more effective than Bannan

Odubajo 7 - worked hard and caused problems, crosses were hit and miss

Dele 8 - the power, guile and ability we've been waiting for in midfield...loses MOM because of decision making...he's learning though

Kachunga 8 - He is going to do well in this team and I'd pair him with Windass instead of Rhodes

Reach 5 - he just hasn't got what we need anymore. Missed an open goal, slowed the energy down, too predictable and ineffective...a few good bits

I think Kachunga, Hunt, Shaw and Dele are now firmly in contention...I doubt Monk will take the risk against a very ordinary Watford side (17 star players hiding)

I enjoyed that game. My missus asked me why on earth I wanted to watch them against Rochdale, but to be honest I was interested to see how the new boys faired.

I'm getting some positive vibes from the setup at the moment which I haven't felt in a long time and the performance last night only cemented the feeling that we are building something good here.

Palmer was outstanding, a solid 8.5 for me. I gave him MOM as he led well and looked calm and composed when dealing with their Rathbone who looked very lively and was probably their biggest threat.

It was close though, it could just have easily gone to Hunt, Shaw or Dele who were impressive and must surely have built much confidence from their contributions. Hunt is going to be the linchpin of this team in coming seasons (unless someone comes in with 30 million for him). He improves every game I see him.

The rest put a solid shift in with desire in the press (all 7.5 to 8). Even JP looked more confident and less headless chicken. Beattie kept giving him notes during the game so it's clear he's the type of player who will do what you want with clear instructions. This level of coaching us something I think we've missed and long may it continue.

They all wanted it and harried them all over the pitch. I like this mentality and it will reap rewards.

Onwards and upwards.

I’m a big critic of Palmer usually but thought he was excellent tonight. Used the ball well, got in great positions and picked out his pass/cross. Better finishing he could have easily had an assist or two more tonight.

Definitely something been missing from his game. Maybe the extra space from wing back is allowing him more time to pick his pass.

Also was good have Fizz running beyond, dragging defernders all over and being available for a pass. Thought he looked great breezing past players. Some consistency and we have a real player on our hands.

Hunt loooked great. Shaw and Brennan steady and composed too.

Windass looks a steak and I really like how direct he is, always wanting to test the keeper. He will score plenty if he continues to try and work the keeper. 

Greay performance all round. Controlled the game.