Garry Monk

Fantastic start to the season. I wanted him gone and 3 games (especially 2 cup games against lower league opposition) doesn’t mean we’ve turned the corner but I’m fickle enough to change my mind if we continue. 
Just a note re the ‘lower league opposition’ comment above. I’m not just dismissing these results because I’ve seen us lose many similar games over the years. Long may this continue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What if I told you that you could still support Wednesday without being all embarrassed you got it WRONG about Garry Monk? 

Don't be daft.

Cardiff were poor.  They lost 3-0 at Northampton in the cup just before playing us.

Walsall are a Div 2 side.

Dale are a lower Div 1 side.

But we've played very well in the last two games. Could have been 5-0 tonight.

Lets thump Watford at Hillsboro and maybe fans will start seeing it your way.   

I think if we have learnt anything from last season its dont judge too early...  Monk did a great job up until Christmas, were only 3 games in, 2 of those played against opposition there is no question we should be beating.  The got a good result against Cardiff.   Windass looks a great signing although think we still need more danger men as teams will soon figure out Windass is out danger man and will start to heavily mark him so we need an outlet elsewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, catdog1121 said:

I think if we have learnt anything from last season its dont judge too early...   

I didn't

The first game I still knew Monk was the man but realised it would take at least two or three clean sheets and three wins on the bounce to win over the remaining Owls fans who doubted him.

Now he's just won AGAIN there can't be any haters left

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop